No one here has any comment to make on this release. I guess its not as popular.. I admit this is not my type of aircraft so I did not buy it but i am interested on the new vibration feature in stall and on T/O roll....

Perhaps Carenado should start thinking outside the box for new releases? As a new Reality XP user, I admit I would like to see more steam/glass combos such as a Meggit Meridian... And I was a die hard G1000 supporter.

Anyway if someone can let me know how the new vibration feature is?

Thanks

If they haven't fixed the flight dynamics, then it really won't matter. The original was a pig to fly.

The only way I may get this one will be if/when it goes on sale.  I see no reason to pay full price for a model that's almost identical to one I already have in the hangar.

Gary

Surprised of the lack of interest myself.

For myself... /tongue in cheek... a top winger that needs a jato rockets to get to 150k... in level flight... is hideous.

The slowest thing I fly is the Beech 18. Slow, yes. Cool factor, 10,000. 

I know the these C-planes are work horses, and a great success story for Cessna... But they are the "Wal-Mart shoppers" of the aviation industry.

I think I have never seen such little interest in a Carenado release. Maybe it is because many other more famous planes have been released in the last weeks or even the same week. Duke 2.0, A2a 172, PMDG 777 for example.

I was interested but bought too much flightsim stuff in the last time and did not feel like paying another $40 at the moment.

Also maybe some guys feel like this plane is too much recycled. A recycled 208 and a like 5 times recycled and still very lite Carenado G1000 and no discount for owners of the old 208. This all might have played a role.

I also decided that if at all I would only buy this on a sale some day.

But still I am also interested in a little review or maybe a youtube-video.....

Tell you what. I would be interested if somebody could confirm that the FDE is done like the old (optional) one from Bernt Stolle and that the G1000 works like the reworked one from Bert Pieké.

I've highlighted the two main conditions. B) I tend to think that, out of the box, Carenado planes would have to improve over the obvious and undoubted qualities on the 3D modelling and texture setup.

I think people are perhaps getting disillushined with the "Carenado Factory".

The amount of products they release, with it seems an increasing amount of silly bugs that should not have made it past a basic QA check, and the failure to fully update or resolve issues.    Sure the texturing is nice but there are many weak areas. 

For me, I actually love the original Carenado C208; I think that and their C340 are the best planes they've made.   But putting their awful G1000 in it ? .... nah!

For me, it's as desirable as taking a BMW 530i and replacing the dashboard with one from a Fiat Punto......

Funny thing is, on the rw plane, it would be the opposite (not on the Fiat example). I guess such a plane receiving a G1000 is pretty much the bee's knees. Screen real estate ftw.

No interest until an amphib version is made. I've got no use for a slow workhorse when the B200 flies infinitely faster...

Looks like a cool add-on, I'm a huge 208 fan, when they are on floats. 

Me too, no intrests to buy a full price for just a new interior!

The initial Carenado 208 with Bernt´s new FDE is perfect still.

The Piper Mirage is another story, it is completely different to the turbine version and a great fun to fly!

Funny thing is, on the rw plane, it would be the opposite (not on the Fiat example). I guess such a plane receiving a G1000 is pretty much the bee's knees. Screen real estate ftw.

I agree.  :smile:

But whichever way round people's preferences are (glass v gauge), it's still a lot of money to pay to get the 'other' fitment (and some leather seats). 

I think if CAR had offerred this as an add-on to their original C208, for say $14.95, it would probably have sold well, but offering it as a separate product at full rate is going a bit too far in the pursuit of revenue IMHO........

Right you are, should have been some sort of discount for existing customers. Back then, I even bought the C208 and the cargo expansion, which wasn't really an expansion but some more liveries. Guess I'm a fan. :blush:

But I was told that the new Caravan features a Bernt Stolle FDE right out of the box. So that's a win since the old one had to be patched to this standard.

I purchased the product when it was released.  I also own the other 2 caravans form Carenado.  I do use Bernt Stolle FDE on my orginal steam guage c208.  Its true it would have been nice to get a discount on the C208EX but it is what it s I guess.  As far as the the C208EX goes I am very happy with the product.  I love the G1000 cockpit.  The modeliing to me is good both interior and exterior wise.  I use the free POH from Cesnna as documentation, but the Crenado checklist and charts work just fine.   As far as flight dynamics go I cant really comment because I have never flown this acft in real life so nothing to compare too.  I do think she handles well and I have no complaints about the product.  I do a lot of Air Hauler flights through out AK and this acft does it beutifully.  One thing I do really love is the G1000 terrain feature, where surrounding terrain turns red when you get below it.  This is nice on approach and departures.  As for me I'm glad Carenado made the C208EX and I'm very happy with the product.