Anybody know how to turn the TCAS warning off?

On the MFD go to the Traffic Map Page and use the STANDBY softkey. this should mute the "traffic" warning, until the danger is passed. I then turn it back on, can't be too careful. :ph34r:

So you are the other guy who has bought her, Nigel.  ^_^  Just making fun of the fact that the forum section is so silent. Apologies for my strange humour.

Haven't got her yet but if you guys feel like reporting, please don't hesitate to write down your impressions. Do you e.g. feel the need to shut some G1000 displays down to enhance the fps or are you ok?

I just dont like the FSX default style G1000. If it had amore realistic version with WAAS and updateble navdata it may be more appealing to me. But it sure is perty.

So you are the other guy who has bought her, Nigel.  ^_^  Just making fun of the fact that the forum section is so silent. Apologies for my strange humour.

Haven't got her yet but if you guys feel like reporting, please don't hesitate to write down your impressions. Do you e.g. feel the need to shut some G1000 displays down to enhance the fps or are you ok?

You mean to say other people have bought this lovely aircraft! Your humor isn't any different to mine it appears.

I do shut down the the MFD and open the engine gauges and inset map on the PFD, as it makes life easier when landing. I do the same on takeoff for the same reason. I don't enter flight plans on the MFD as I use Plan-g to plan my route and I don't see why I should spend valuable flying time inputting the flight plan a second time! Also I have a problem with entering in the MFD as below.

I have two faults that I have already sent to Carenado:

1. I get double letters entering into the MFD fields using the keyboard, e.g. enter E get EE.

2. The sun visors when lowered cover about 1" of the windscreen, not helpful when flying into the sun.

Overall though I am please with this plane, but I suppose I have now opened a can of worms. Probably get all the gripes about frame rates, G1000 not like real thing etc. (same old same old). I don't care really if I have, its only a simulation after all.

I for one like the latest Carenado offerings, but please do more QA before release of new aircraft.

There that's my two pennorth, Bye for now.

Quite some value to those pennies, Nigel. :smile:

I was wondering if the G1000 works like the other ones, which would mean that you can export your Plan-G flight plan in FS9/FSX format, then load it in FSX, which then should lead to the Carenado also showing the route. Means without any knobs and key presses involved.

I'm running the TBM G1000 (which should be very similar to yours) like that or by using the 'stream' feature of the RXP GPS I have in the background. So the Carenado gauges just display what was set up before. So you can make use of the terrain display and things with your route showing up superimposed on the large G1000 screens.

I just dont like the FSX default style G1000. If it had amore realistic version with WAAS and updateble navdata it may be more appealing to me. But it sure is perty.

Quite some value to those pennies, Nigel. :smile:

I was wondering if the G1000 works like the other ones, which would mean that you can export your Plan-G flight plan in FS9/FSX format, then load it in FSX, which then should lead to the Carenado also showing the route. Means without any knobs and key presses involved.

I'm running the TBM G1000 (which should be very similar to yours) like that or by using the 'stream' feature of the RXP GPS I have in the background. So the Carenado gauges just display what was set up before. So you can make use of the terrain display and things with your route showing up superimposed on the large G1000 screens.

I also have the TBM850 and the G1000 are similar. Yes you can load a saved Plan-G exported to FSX, then loaded at flight time. If you load the flight plan before you start the plane(s), I always start Cold & Dark, the route should show up on both MFD map & PFD inset map when switched on. Opening the flight plan on the MFD will show the fp as if entered manually and it can be manipulated as far as possible to the Carenado G1000 manual.

BTW I don't care much for WAAS, mainly because I do most of my flying outside of the USA. Anyway what's happened to good old ILS & pilotage! Also it's only another overhead to slow down processing (I don't have the RPX GPS for that reason). For non ILS airports I set up in Plan-G user way points as an initial guide to the airport.

Surely not relying on WAAS & ILS is all part of the flying experience specially for bush pilots.

More two pennorth I'm afraid, bye for now.

Well, I'm just about to fit all my small airplanes with the RXP GPS. That's exactly why I haven't purchased a single Carenado plane with the G1000. It might look nice, but apart from the known limits of this system at Carenado's airplanes, I just think the clickspots are difficult to handle on a PC in most of the G1000 panels that I have so far (Lionheart Epic Victory, Iris DA-40). That's why I don't fly them very often. So if you really want to have a G1000 equipped plane why not take the Kingair, C182 or Cessna Citation Mustang by Flight1. Might not be cheap either, but at least it should work really well.

For Carenado I still have the opinion that a combined steam/glass cockpit is the best solution. Medium system depth with a perfect look + system depth from the RXP GPS.

So why paying so much money for a model which is already availible in good quality (excluding FDE). Certainly not only because of the business interior^^

That's why I do not wonder if this should be quite unpopular.

Regards, Dominik

Well, I'm just about to fit all my small airplanes with the RXP GPS. That's exactly why I haven't purchased a single Carenado plane with the G1000. It might look nice, but apart from the known limits of this system at Carenado's airplanes, I just think the clickspots are difficult to handle on a PC in most of the G1000 panels that I have so far (Lionheart Epic Victory, Iris DA-40). That's why I don't fly them very often. So if you really want to have a G1000 equipped plane why not take the Kingair, C182 or Cessna Citation Mustang by Flight1. Might not be cheap either, but at least it should work really well.

For Carenado I still have the opinion that a combined steam/glass cockpit is the best solution. Medium system depth with a perfect look + system depth from the RXP GPS.

So why paying so much money for a model which is already availible in good quality (excluding FDE). Certainly not only because of the business interior^^

That's why I do not wonder if this should be quite unpopular.

I totally agree.

I too just find that G1000s don't translate well as an avionics format in flight simulation.   I too don't touch the Carenado G1000 models, but even with the Flight 1 G1000s (in the Mustang, T182 and King Air) although being a great rendition overall, it get's awkward to use the G1000, with the fiddly clickspots on the MFD controller.   I don't think I'll ever buy another G1000 sim aircraft, regardless of function or quality, for that reason.

In my opinion, the best aircraft that Carenado have released in the last 5-6 years (by a large margin) is the PA46-350P Malibu Mirage;  beautiful gauges;  interestingly enough they modelled 'late generation' steam gauges, so not ancient looking vintage pieces, but instead the sort of gauges you'd tend to get in high end aircraft in the late 90s.    Very few GA aircraft feature this type of suite and it's really refreshing in the Malibu.

So move over G1000;   you're a beauty in the real world, but in FS ........ 

I have a lot of Carenado's planes and have enjoyed them over the years, but sadly they are not keeping up with developers like A2A, Flight1, PMDG and RealAir and it seems like folks are losing interest in them because they don't offer the realism the others do.