Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

Clear borders where B737 -800 -900 textures are stitched

Thanks Pete - appreciate your help.  I have a laptop and a tower and this problem exists on both machines. However I tried changing the v-syn on my Radeon graphics card driver, without success.  If you can recall what settings I might try next, I would be grateful.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

I've seen it on both my MacBook Pro, which has Radeon graphics, and on my desktop, which has a GeForce card. I'll mess around with my driver settings and see what setting triggers it.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

I've been unsuccessful in reproducing this.  Do you see this edge in all liveries or just in the one you're working on?

If you see it with all liveries then it's a driver problem.  If it just with the livery your working on then it's on your texture map.  I got caught out thinking that one of my maps was fine until Jason pointed out to me that when he viewed the map at high mag he noticed that my artwork did not extend to the edge of the map, crating that white gap.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Can you just send me texture fuse_2 and fuse_3? I can see what's going on if I can load them into my sim.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Can you just send me texture fuse_2 and fuse_3? I can see what's going on if I can load them into my sim.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Hi Pete

Did you get those files from dropbox (URLs emailed to you by personal message)?

If you have any suggestions when you have looked at them I would be very glad to know what to do with them.

Many thanks!

ozzieblr

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

This is a strange problem!  I see this line ONLY when both of your fuse_2 and fuse_3 textures are loaded.  If I mix and match your fuse textures with any fuse texture set then I do not see this line!  I've checked your texture map but your good on edge coloring.  The join between fuse_2 and Fuse_3 take place on the fuse_3 map and you have complete coverage over the joint area.   I've check file formats and all is as it should be.  If you haven't done this, my  suggestion is to start over by using known good fuse_2 and fuse_3 texture maps and from your master texture, cut and paste into these new maps.  You're doing everything correctly.  I seem to recall having this problem once or twice and starting fresh with different fuse cut maps fixed this.  Let me know how if this works or not.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Thanks Peter but that did not work either.

I will try one more time pasting into the original .psd files to create each fuselage texture .dds and see if that works.

One final question - this time for the PMDG 777-200LRF series - which file and which part of the texture can I paint to make the insides of the engine cowlings darker in colour?  Currently they are all almost white and I haven't yet found the place to paint.

Regards,

ozzieblr

In the texture.common200LR folder is pmdg_777_misc.  Top right is the inner cowling texture.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer