Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone. Im new to the forum and to X Plane so please forgive me if this has been covered before. When on a flight from Manchester to Glasgow, the ATC was fine throughout until about 20 miles from the approach. The ATC would give me various headings and altitudes to fly on which i would adhere to and as soon as it lined me up for the final approach and it asked me to call the field (which i did), it would then give me another heading and fly another series of headings etc. This went on for about 30 minutes. Does anyone know if i'm doing something seriously wrong or is the ATC just having a funny 5 (30) minutes? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Well, the ATC is work in progress and in fact most people don't use it in X-Plane at the moment. It isn't really reliable.

With present X-Plane's ATC, "You're out of course"....

Let's hope for a good 3pd, or a 64 bit vatsim  plugin ( well, I never used VATSIM or IVAO :-/ ).

Another aspect that really needs attention is AI. Its all so clumsy in X-Plane 10 when it comes to AI aircraft... I have it disabled... In FSX, for instance, ATC and AI may not be good, but at least they're ... plausible...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I wouldn't count on any major changes to XP10's ATC/AI system anytime soon. Austin thinks what's there is good enough! He made that abundantly clear in AVSIM's teamspeak conference. In his words "It Rocks"! So unless someone can change his mind, it is what it is!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I would rather chew off my own leg than fly with the XP 10 ATC.

It feels like a sort of placeholder code that was written hurriedly just to be able to say that XP 10 has ATC, but it desperately needs rewriting and fleshing out into something more tangible.

One day maybe!

When i take off and get take off clearance it tells me to cross the runway I'm departing from and hold short of it again, even though I've already got take off clearance. Anyone  

help????

That's so weird as I thought about the same thing. I tried RC4 and got the RC4 ready and it did connect, but that was it. It would make sense, since most of the payware ATCs act outside of the sim and just read the plane position and flight plan coordinates. Look at FSFlying School Xplane version, it resides outside the sim and feeds comments back to the user no different than RC4/PFE.