Sign in to follow this  
chiropra

REMOVE THE HOLDING AUTO WITHIN THE STAR

hello,

how to cancel the proposition of hold which appear on the legs, when i choose a star in the fmc dep/arr ? is there any option somewhere ?
ty

jj

You mean when you go around?

If you mean after go around, then on a go around thebpilot not flying would punch a new ILS in the fmc which gets put over the hold. Then the hold is gone

I think he means holding points on the STAR. You can can cancel them by line selecting the waypoint after the hold and once its on the scrachpad, line select it to where "HOLD AT" is. It will cancel the hold and take you straight to next waypoint. Same can be done with missed approach holds and every other waypoint.

thank you guys,

i mean the star one, not the go around, and i was looking for an option somewhere or a line in a cfg file to remove this hold automaticaly from the legs. i know how to take it off manually

jj

I think you could edit the STAR in the procedures file for that airport. That is a text file and is external to the PMDG code. In the LevelD767 is similar; that one uses an XML file you can edit for each set of airport procedures (SID and STARS).

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

well , i think it's a lot of work each time !in fact  i wanted something to simplify the procedure

ty anyway. ill remove it from the legs page in the fmc each time

jj

Some (especially British in my experience) STAR's actually unload into the hold. The clearance limit is the holding pattern, and after that ATC vector to the ILS (There's also a contingency "no comms" procedure which is a transition to the approach.)

In Australia, it depends on the Airport. YMML STAR's all feed into an instrument approach (or in the case of LIZZI7V, a Visual approach). YSSY STAR's feed into a "Straight ahead at the SY VOR at 6000ft expecting vectors." (and a contingency to start an approach from overhead the VOR). YPPH STAR's ... are crazy and feed from specific airways to specific runways, and some runways are not available from some airways... and we are talking reciprocals here too.

In my experience most USA STAR's will end at some aid or waypoint with an instruction to maintain a certain heading and expect vectors (and some Instrument approaches will have a transition that seems logical and pick up where the STAR final heading left off).

Other parts of Europe have a long STAR/Approach transition that zigzag's all over the place at low levels and low speeds before unloading onto a final approach course for an instrument approach.

Usually if the AIRAC has put an actual Holding pattern into the STAR, this is usually some kind of clearance limit of that STAR, and everything else after the hold is the Instrument Approach. If you see a hold, consider what it's there for. 

If you are not flying online with human ATC (Vatsim for instance) then it's a bit of passing interest.

If you are flying on with human ATC, you may need to leave the hold in till you are sure you are not going to be using it. (and even then you may well get vector instructions from it instead of flying LNAV/VNAV all the way to ILS intercept).

well , i think it's a lot of work each time !in fact  i wanted something to simplify the procedure

ty anyway. ill remove it from the legs page in the fmc each time

jj

With what I told you you do it only once and for good

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

With what I told you you do it only once and for good

Until next time you update your airac.

how to cancel the proposition of hold which appear on the legs, when i choose a star in the fmc dep/arr ? is there any option somewhere ?

When you look at the flight plan on the LEGS page, you will see "HOLD AT" listed above one of them (the waypoint will be listed twice - once to cross it, and the second time for the HOLD AT entry).  Select the waypoint below the HOLD AT entry and line select it onto the HOLD AT entry.

Done.

FCOMv2 11.43.32 has extra information for you.

Kyle Rodgers

Couldn't you use the " exit hold" option in the hold page?

I think you'd have to enter the hold first in order for that to work.  My understanding is that he wants to remove it proactively - before he gets there.

Kyle Rodgers

When you look at the flight plan on the LEGS page, you will see "HOLD AT" listed above one of them (the waypoint will be listed twice - once to cross it, and the second time for the HOLD AT entry).  Select the waypoint below the HOLD AT entry and line select it onto the HOLD AT entry.

Done.

FCOMv2 11.43.32 has extra information for you.

that s what i m doing each time, now.

thank's to all of you for your comments

jj

Hi, 

the holdings are from the Navigraph database:

See release notes: 

http://www.navigraph.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=564

added IAF holdings in EFB (including PMDG, iFly, LevelD, ...)

NavdataPro does NOT include them, as it should be in real world. 

Example from LFMN: 

Navigraph: TRANSITION NERAS HOLD AT FIX NERAS RIGHT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 298 ALT 4000 LEGDIST 5

NavdataPro: TRANSITION NERAS FIX NERAS AT 4000

Jan-Paul

- Click DELETE

- Click Line Select Key for the "Hold At" Fix

- Close the discontinuity.

-Profit..

Jefferson Santos
sbpa.png