Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

10.25 Update

lol...you beat me to it.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

nice!  "Breaking Bad"  was awesome but now it's "time to cook" with xplane10.

It is time to cook, and hopefully things will be very tasty.  I am looking forward to seeing the new urban terrain textures as well as the user-submitted Lego brick airports.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

"Our goal is to use the new revised urban textures for all climates, but we don’t have the variants yet.  I’m going to put the cold-wet ones into 10.25; we’ll get the rest out when they are available."  quote by Ben

:O

"Our goal is to use the new revised urban textures for all climates, but we don’t have the variants yet.  I’m going to put the cold-wet ones into 10.25; we’ll get the rest out when they are available."  quote by Ben

:O

I hope that addresses the grass that is growing all over the downtown areas.  

Andras - Do you have any good information to share.   :smile:

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

If they get the Urban right, I'll probably refire up the ole XPX. Oh and I forgot I hope they demolish some of those gas stations.

If they get the Urban right, I'll probably refire up the ole XPX. Oh and I forgot I hope they demolish some of those gas stations.

I agree.  XPX is in need of something new as the recent FSX add-ons like the PMDG T7, Orbx FTX Global, the DX10 Fixer, as well as Prepar3d, have been taking much of the attention of the flight sim community.  

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I agree.  XPX is in need of something new as the recent FSX add-ons like the PMDG T7, Orbx FTX Global, the DX10 Fixer, as well as Prepar3d, have been taking much of the attention of the flight sim community.  

Also agree, XPX is starting to remind me of XP9 in comparism.

I have XP10 presently installed only with default scenery, just as FSX. For me, and givn the limitations of the hardware I am using, this is waht garantees better frames and a smooth ride without problems on both sims. Flight is after all what I want well simulated in the very first place :-)

Having a good navaid / fix database, and corrected mag decl databases as well would be great.

Finally, I just ask for a good weather injector - that is something we really need to have in X-Plane 10.... I am using the excellent GFS NOAA Python plugin, but as you know there are sudden wind / turbulence / cloud type and coverage changes as you cross the "METAR" limit... 

Finally, I don't think that in terms of Flight Simulation X-Plane 10 should be compared to the upcoming P3D v2. I'm not saying it's not going to be great, but simply saying that it's not going to bring anything new regarding flight dynamics modeling as far as I could read from the list of features. Helicopters in P3D v2 will be like those in FSX, prop engines and their limitations regarding operation ( FF and leaning bug, prop vs MP on recip. engines, etc... ) will still be there... In X-Plane there are also many aspects requiring update / fix, but, the team is working and hopefully we'll get there ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I hope that addresses the grass that is growing all over the downtown areas.  

Andras - Do you have any good information to share.   :smile:

Until now I have only seen screenshots of it and those looked like a really big difference to what we had before. And the best combination seemed to be to have it used with new, recut DSFs (as the scenery generator received quite a few improvements in the urban zoning department) .... My new HD Mesh Scenery v2 will - of course - have that improved urban zoning in it too (will start testing the "bleeding edge" code over the next days - when I find some free time slots on my PC which is non-stop working on freesh OSM data import).

Until now I have only seen screenshots of it and those looked like a really big difference to what we had before. And the best combination seemed to be to have it used with new, recut DSFs (as the scenery generator received quite a few improvements in the urban zoning department) .... My new HD Mesh Scenery v2 will - of course - have that improved urban zoning in it too (will start testing the "bleeding edge" code over the next days - when I find some free time slots on my PC which is non-stop working on freesh OSM data import).

So, what kinds of improvements in urban zoning can we expect to see?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

So, what kinds of improvements in urban zoning can we expect to see?

I didn't do this part, but as far as I can see now after a few test tiles (and what I heard from Ben Supnik) it will bring more accurate representation of landclass data etc. ... And no, it wont be an entirely new look to the cities, but I think - and this might be subjective - they look now - again - more natural. And the mentioned new urban textures do they magic when you zoom out (and don't see the buildings anymore).