Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Lowest 737 landing I've seen so far! (Skiathos)

http://youtu.be/RWetojC0ul0

This was so bloody close, I'm speechless. The pilot almost landed the plane just before the runway! Look at the skidmarks @ 1:09!

The pilot is waving his hand @ 1:40 like he wanted to say "Hey, I didn't kill you guys, be happy". Don't greet the spotters, you almost killed  them and 100 souls on board!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Wow that's just crazy compared to all the other stuff I've seen from Skiathos so far... 

Got to visit that airport some day. :) 

Yep! I already plan a summer vacation on Skiathos next year. And I don't want to admit to my wife when she is asking me -why Skiathos? :lol:

Anyway these guys in the video could touch the gears if they wanted to.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

http://youtu.be/RWetojC0ul0

This was so bloody close, I'm speechless. The pilot almost landed the plane just before the runway! Look at the skidmarks @ 1:09!

Actually, he did land short of the authorized landing threshold, which is indicated by the white arrow just beyond the skidmarks.

Ahem! I would have exclaimed the same way as the uploader did in the video.

THAT... was close!

Actually, he did land short of the authorized landing threshold, which is indicated by the white arrow just beyond the skidmarks.

That's acceptable on an usual airport, but surely not acceptable on Skiathos! Too risky. Remember Asiana Flight 214 crash @ KSFO?

That's acceptable on an usual airport, but surely not acceptable on Skiathos! Too risky. Remember Asiana Flight 214 crash @ KSFO?

That's not acceptable. A Displaced Threshold isn't supposed to be used for landings because that portion of the runway is not designed to withstand the impact of a landing.

I'm not impressed whatsoever, that type of cowboy stuff doesn't belong in a flightdeck. That pilot should be ashamed. He put innocent lives at risk for nothing, no reason. There's no reason for that aircraft to come in so low on that approach. Other than show off. That's poor airmanship in my book.

Reik Namreg

I'm no pilot but damn he nearly hit that fence, hopefully the video makes its way to air Italy. What a goose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Yeah, doesn't seems that the pilots are concerned about the landing at all (waving at the end). I would eat my hear how worried I would be.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Yep! I already plan a summer vacation on Skiathos next year. And I don't want to admit to my wife when she is asking me -why Skiathos? :lol:

Really, it's quite simple actually, you tell her these things, but you keep the bracketed parts to yourself

Great beaches [under the app/dep path]

Good fresh sea air [interspersed with that lovely smell of burnt jet fuel in the morning]

Excellent views [of aeroplanes]

Top notch abience [jet engines]

As they say, the best lies are the ones based on the truth :ph34r:

That's not acceptable. A Displaced Threshold isn't supposed to be used for landings because that portion of the runway is not designed to withstand the impact of a landing.

I'm not impressed whatsoever, that type of cowboy stuff doesn't belong in a flightdeck. That pilot should be ashamed. He put innocent lives at risk for nothing, no reason. There's no reason for that aircraft to come in so low on that approach. Other than show off. That's poor airmanship in my book.

I don't think that was a cowboy stuff honestly. First of all he hard landed the plane (200-300ft/m at least), even the plane bounced! Second of all, Skiathos airport doesn't have an ILS, and in addition it is a short runway, so it is quite easy to miss a threshold. After all they are "highly" trained pilots, so there are no excuses for this type of landing.

Really, it's quite simple actually, you tell her these things, but you keep the bracketed parts to yourself

Great beaches [under the app/dep path]

Good fresh sea air [interspersed with that lovely smell of burnt jet fuel in the morning]

Excellent views [of aeroplanes]

Top notch abience [jet engines]

As they say, the best lies are the ones based on the truth :ph34r:

That's my plan exactly. :lol:

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Low landing??? This is a low landing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmakSwlYLs0

Later on in the video you'll see just how close he got to ripping off his undercarriage!!!

"why did,nt you fill the holes up wit sand and grass,?"

very poor preparation by the ground crew IMO

ZORAN

"why did,nt you fill the holes up wit sand and grass,?"

very poor preparation by the ground crew IMO

Well, the expectation was for the aircraft to land on the actual runway!! After all this is the usual practice!

Well, the expectation was for the aircraft to land on the actual runway!! After all this is the usual practice!

I think there is supposed to be an undershoot and overshoot are clear of 5 m craters lol

ZORAN