Sign in to follow this  
Julean

PMDG 777 CTD on approach?

I'm starting to get a little suspicious about T7 CTD on approach. Several flights with the T7 must go under the VAS CTD, but by an APP to Heraklion (Aerosoft) tend not to be a problem.

I have to fly more more and see how it develops. But it's been a while since I could land the T7 due to OOM unfortunately.

:wacko:

There is a VAS  =@ on APP, maybe from the FMC?

It is an intense working moment.

All the best

Jens Michlas

Copenhagen DK

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

As you get closer to an airport, more scenery objects are loaded (Level of Detail radius).

FL370 overhead is one thing, but literally being 3 miles from an airport (or 'at' the airport) will ask the program to draw more objects. Cars, Moving jetbridges, big textures, 'vehicles' etc.

Not sure what else is happening, but obviously there's lots of 'stuff' happening on the plane too. Flaps, Gear, lots of pitch changes, maybe some manual flying, lights illuminating ground textures when really low.

Just monitor VAS, if it hits 3.9GB, then it's gone. If it doesn't get above 2.9, then it's not VAS that's causing the CTD. I have had a few of these, and was blaming the 777, then I had one the other week when flying the Majestic Q400... I'v been monitoring latency since and have found the crashes are linked to latency spikes in my case. Some latency spikes kill FSX, others PFPX. Still need to figure that one out.

I started a topic entitled "Helsinki and the 777". If you have a look you may find some useful advice. There is also a heated discussion about where the problem lies.

I also have the Majestic Q400 and have not had any OOM's but tonight on landing at UK2000's EGCC in the NGX I had the dreaded ping pong which indicates you are getting near to an OOM. I have never had that happen before when flying the NGX into that airport and I was therefore surprised especially as I have reduced my cloud resolution so that I can use the T7. It crossed my mind that the T7 could be effecting other add ons. When I saw your post I wondered if your OOM with the Q400 is the first you have had with that add on? I expect some people (no names but I can think of one!) will be on to tell me am talking rubbish again. I could well be but free and open discussion may just throw some light into an unexpected corner.

I hope you can find a solution that you are happy with.

the Q400 was on approach to YMML (Orbx Melbourne v2) which has always been a bit of a problem airport for me. (Blurry taxiways that are so blurry you can't tell where the taxiway is. 737NGX hanging the sim on approach to YMML for several minutes, then returning with no ground textures at all at YMML, but perfectly fine all around it (ie a big 'black hole' where YMML should be and normal Melbourne city surrounding the black hole). so there's plenty of factors here.

I'v been monitoring VAS fairly closely for a few weeks now and have managed to push the 777 down to 1.9GB when over open sea. The crashes in both cases were generally happening with under 3GB VAS usage, but a high latency spike.

I also had PFPX randomly crash when FSX is running in conjunction with a high latency spike, but FSX continue to run after a tiny sound stutter.

im having CTDs on approach with PMDG T7 too.  Only at 6 hours of flying and more (i mean, full 6 hours not a 6 hour flight done by "autocruise" under 2 hours.. flight to hong kong (11 hours) CTD. flight to Dubai (8hours) CTD.. flight to zurich (5 hrs) no CTD

Teory about "things getting loaded on approach is wrong) because scenery at HKG is very sparse nothing like FT Dubai quality so.. To me it looks like FSX just cant handle this bird.. (i did full reinstall of windows and fsx) i didnt get a CTD for few weeks and then it started to happend again.. 

idk? waiting for new patch.. maybe it will fix this

im having CTDs on approach with PMDG T7 too. Only at 6 hours of flying and more (i mean, full 6 hours not a 6 hour flight done by "autocruise" under 2 hours.. flight to hong kong (11 hours) CTD. flight to Dubai (8hours) CTD.. flight to zurich (5 hrs) no CTD

Teory about "things getting loaded on approach is wrong) because scenery at HKG is very sparse nothing like FT Dubai quality so.. To me it looks like FSX just cant handle this bird.. (i did full reinstall of windows and fsx) i didnt get a CTD for few weeks and then it started to happend again..

idk? waiting for new patch.. maybe it will fix this

It has to be some other issue all of my flights to and from Doha were without problems including my 12 hour flight from ORD with FSDT ORD and this is also with FTX global and opus weather.

Thank your for the replies.. I look into them.

I do have ftx global also - and are experimenting with the settings.

From Process Explorer i have hid the VAS roof. (The picture is VAS Roof out of Miami )

So VAS management is the new thing. Now framerates is ok from these wonderful add ons :Nerd:

All the best

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

i have VAS usage at all conditions of flight (in flight, on aiport [scenery) from 2,2 GB to 2,8GB never used more.. still got CTD

Then it wasn't a oom ctd. Win 7 64 bit vas is 4gb. And it has to specifically say "FSX has run out of memory". A general CTD is not an oom. For whatever it's worth, I have yet to have an oom or even a crash with the 777 after 100 hours or so. I have most of the popular FT, FB, UK2000, Opus, REX, PFPX, some megascenery. I'm just not crazy with settings. 1024, no more than 5-6 lod, normal autogen. No ground traffic, 40% UT2 traffic (when not on vatsim,a lot of vatsim lately). I did the 14 hour Fedex Virtual KMEM to Dubai event. No problems whatsoever the entire flight even with the huge traffic jam at the end and holding for 20 minutes over the airport. I even ran an fsrecorder replay of the landing after taxi and still had vas left. Oom issues and CTD's are user error plain and simple. I'm really tired of people bashing this addon. One guy even had the audacity to decry PMDG for rushing such a buggy piece of software out to us. He was urging them to quickly get a hotfix/patch out. Sorry to burst his bubble, but whatever issue he was having will not be fixed by the patch. :)

dcgator29

I agree with you and I learned from you that OOM and CTD are two separate things.

I as I write, its not pmdg 777 only its now for me seem to be the addons which have good framerate. And now when they are around the next limit is VAS as I understand it.

So please someone break the VAS seal  :p0306:  :p0305:

Microsoft even if Microsoft have to make an update that makes is a hole new game.. without creating compatibility issues, like the difference between FS2004 and FSX

EpicWin

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Just to mention there is a difference on Virtual size and private memory as I understand. VAS is Virtual Size - please correct me if I am wrong.

All the best

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

I keep an eye on the forums of what simmers come up with, but difficult.

1: There are the ones  who say NVIDIA inspector settings together with 3 basic fsx.cfg tweaks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovSnyxlus3s

2: Then there are the Bojotes tweak http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

3: And Nick_Ns tweak http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

For me its seams the Inspector tweak need clarification and update so it would come down to my pc level. So option 1 not possible just now

Bojotes tweaks seemt to be the best just for now, among my possibilities.

Nick_N an FSX guru incredible work is so strict when i just hear the word clean reinstall or disconnect this and that, I have to let go. Because the process for using the game is then rocket science. Though I understand there is an enormous set up material. Fantastic-  its a bible.

It ain't easy for me :p0311:

Who first breaks the VAS seal? 

I know I know it cant be done, game is old.. :p0128:

So why not update enough off the game until it works? :p0307:

Put more new engines on FSX...

Skylon-space-plane-obtains-breakthrough-Picture: Developed by Reaction Engines over the last 20 years, SABRE (Synergetic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine) is a new engine class that can operate in both air-breathing and rocket modes.

All the best

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

I have a feeling that perhaps FTX Global isn't as optimised as people think it is..

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

When i go on STAR approach with the T7 I CTD. I enter ILS as well and pres loc before APP.

Either FSX.cfg settings with nvidia inspector or GUAM http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=175289&Cookie=1 scenery suddenly eating the VAS or crashing FSX.

Here I found the CTD.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me hvad this crash is about.

Picture the Last screenshot before CTD on a rainy island

All the best

Jens

Ready for doing app

Navn på program med fejl: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, tidsstempel: 0x46fadb14
Navn på modul med fejl: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, tidsstempel: 0x51fb1072
Undtagelseskode: 0xc0000374
Forskydning med fejl 0x000ce753
Proces-id 0x2200
Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01cec3908bf62fe5
Programsti: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Modulsti: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Rapport-id: 8e395196-2f9c-11e3-b5fe-485b390922e5

- System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Application Error
    - EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0
      Level 2       Task 100       Keywords 0x80000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2013-10-07T22:05:20.000000000Z
      EventRecordID 139214       Channel Application       Computer pc-PC       Security
- EventData
      fsx.exe       10.0.61637.0       46fadb14       ntdll.dll       6.1.7601.18229       51fb1072       c0000374       000ce753       2200       01cec3908bf62fe5       C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe       C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll       8e395196-2f9c-

Jens Michlas
Denmark

This location -> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe" is the worst place you should have your FSX installed into.

Though i don't have an clue what might be the cause of your ctd but that kinda popped out when looking at error report.

Mikael Leinonen

For people with crashes (not OOM) I would suggest to unclock the PC (CPU and Memory and GPU back to factory settings) for a while (if you are overclocked).

I had a stress tested stable 4.5Ghz overclock but crashes in FSX!

Not immediately ofcourse, but after a while.

Back to default....crashes were gone.

I now have a stable (I think) 4.4 clock and no crashes with the 777 so far.

Not saying your overclock is the cause.....but one thing to check.

Rob Robson