Sign in to follow this  
Julean

PMDG 777 CTD on approach?

I have oc'd my 3770K and atleast my OOM:s were gone after i dropped LOD to 4.5 and cloud textures into 1024. So i leaved those OC settings unchanged. Haven't had CTD:s though

Mikael Leinonen

i have ctd to but now i know why!

The use of the PLN mode with the dislplay on the touch screen of the t7 can cause a CTD . I have submited a ticket for this and the PMDG team answer that they know the problem and it will be corrected in the next update.

Thank you for your replies. so far.. :rolleyes:

I will do some travel, and be off the simulator a little bit.

All the best

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Regarding installing FSX in the Program Files (x86) directory. That is not an automatic show stopper. Mine has been installed there for several years and I've had no issues with it. You have to tell the system to allow programs to run initially, after that it's ok. At least for me on Win 7 ultimate. I doubt I'm the only one.

mine crash has done by terrain.dll i uninstalled  ORBX FTX Global (as i read on several boards that terrain dll error is caused either by unstable overlock or any mesh  - edditing addon or smillar things what can be "uncompatible" with some sceneries) also as somewhere is writed i tried another version UIAutomationCore.dll .. i did a shot flight (6hrs) no error so far.. i will try 15 hrs flight tomrow and i will report how it was here.

Hope you guys can sort it out.  Last week I did a 15 hour flight from VRMM-PHNL no OOM/CTD.  The only "mod" I did was to drop AS2012 clouds from HD to 1024...

Aaron

-oOo-

I have a feeling that perhaps FTX Global isn't as optimised as people think it is..

Based on what evidence? They don't use photoscenery or any of the stuff known to put VAS through the roof. I've had no issues with it myself.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The autogen may be more dense than in default scenery, adding to the scenery VAS usage.

Anyone who tried Aerosoft's African Airstrips Adventures? You can OOM there in a GA plane with no 'particular' graphics settings - incredibly dense custom scenery.

Based on what evidence? They don't use photoscenery or any of the stuff known to put VAS through the roof. I've had no issues with it myself.

At the time of writing I was getting very poor performance over urban areas and night time. I installed the latest ORBX LIBS and it cleared up the drastic hit. It would have never been down to the textures themselves but what ever is placing them. 

It's all in the clear now *touch wood*

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK