Sign in to follow this  
fro2do

Mcp won't switch to CRZ when TC is reached.

Since I upgraded to 1.6.1 when I reach TC mcp is stuck on CLB and when I reach TD and it engages MCP displays CRZ...has anyone seen this before?

Please advice.

thanks

Giancarlo

Which airline livery?

Some airlines have CLB thrust set for the whole cruise portion.

PMDG Ops centre installed repaints will do this too for those specific airlines.

What is the logic behind the CLB thrust during cruise?  Is it there so there is more thrust in reserve in case of traffic incursions, i.e. TCAS warnings and resolutions or surprise ATC requests?

What is the logic behind the CLB thrust during cruise? Is it there so there is more thrust in reserve in case of traffic incursions, i.e. TCAS warnings and resolutions or surprise ATC requests?

Pretty much sums it up.

Thanks everyone for the support, Also the repaint by the way is ACA C-FNNH.

What is the logic behind the CLB thrust during cruise?  Is it there so there is more thrust in reserve in case of traffic incursions, i.e. TCAS warnings and resolutions or surprise ATC requests?

More specifically they do it in case the plane hits a strong down draft and/or it gets too slow CLB allows the plane to command more thrust. A while back a couple airlines had 737s stall or almost stall when they lost speed in cruise. Ever since then we have been selecting either CON or CLB manually once we reach out cruising altitude. If we change altitudes along the way we have to reselect it each time we level out.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

And pls. note so far only updates for the OC and liveries have been released. The aircraft is still the same version as per day one.

I'm not clear on what you mean when I updated the OC I also had to update the Livery,

Olli. so do you mean that the aircraft did not change?

I'm not clear on what you mean when I updated the OC I also had to update the Livery,

Olli. so do you mean that the aircraft did not change?

Exactly. The aircraft is still the same build. What IS possible is, the .ini file of an updated livery got updated as well.

Exactly. The aircraft is still the same build. What IS possible is, the .ini file of an updated livery got updated as well.

Thanks Olli but still is it because of my livery I am getting the CLB when I reach TC &

Crz when TD is engaged?... If so can you suggest a livery that displays it correctly.

ATB

If so can you suggest a livery that displays it correctly.

It's not that it's displaying incorrectly. It's that it's displaying which option that specific airline uses. IIRC, you can change this option in the FMC. 

There isn't a "correct" or "incorrect" setting. It's up to the airlines. In the FSX universe, you're essentially the airline so (again, I believe) PMDG gave you the ability to choose your own preference.

****If I'm wrong about the option to choose in the FMC options, I apologize.

I havn't flown the ACA livery much. Can't remember if it was doing the CLB in Cruise portion, I just know some airlines have this as an option (and maybe Air Canada is one of those).

I was flying the ANA livery the other week and that was going into CRZ at top of climb. It's a fictional though, (ANA have 777-200ER not LR). I should take notice of what DAL is doing too, since I'm flying that for Cross the Pond next week.

I use CLB as a standard in the 777 (regardless of what airline config is) and back in the 737NGX. Tom answered why pretty much perfectly already. 

If so can you suggest a livery that displays it correctly

The UAL liveries default to CLB when at cruise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC