Sign in to follow this  
MM

The Transcontinental

The Fall Event Team is happy to announce The Transcontinental.

This is a live real time race running coast-to-coast from the Pacific to the Atlantic. Set in the late 1940s, the main aircraft are World War II surplus fighters (specified in a White List). The structure of the event will require several refueling stops.

Solo entries are fine, multimember team entries may be even better.

The start time is at 0800 PDT (1500 UTC) on Saturday October 26, 2013. The event will take about six hours from start to finish.

European and North American pilots should be able to make the event's timing. Pilots with limited free time may participate on a team while making a commitment of only a couple of hours. Entries are due on Wednesday, October 23 – although late entries and changes will be almost surely be approved by the Committee.

Please see the draft of the Official Rules available from a Dropbox account here. This document is "near-final" but may be modified before the start as we receive feedback from the participants. So if you have an idea about how to make the event work better for everyone, please post your suggestions in the announcement thread at the SOH Multiplayer Forum.

This might serve as a warmup for us all. And a good opportunity for Rookies to get some stick time.

--Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Sounds like fun. I plan to participate. My ride will be the Warbirdsim P-51B 6N-P / Constance. This was a 339th Fighter Group pony based in Fowlmere.

p51b_1.jpg

p51b_2.jpg

Am willing to partner up.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I'm in too, most likely solo ( for now. )

1944: Constructed as a P-51D-30-NA (44-75007) by North American at Inglewood, California.
1944-1958: Unknown service history. :-(
1958: Certificate of airworthiness for NL3451D (F-51D, 44-75007N) issued.
1958-1963: Unknown history. 
1963-1966: N5462V Trans Florida Aviation Inc, Sarasota, FL. Cavalier rebuild.
1966: N3451D, rebuilt as a Cavalier "Executive".
1966-1970: Tempress Research Co. Sunnyvale, CA. - Frank Christensen (Christen Eagle, Husky etc..) 
1970: Jerry Brassfield - racer #96, piloted by Bob Love. 
1973: Reno Air Races qualified 14th at 349.653 and did not race.
1975: Mojave Air Races qualified 13th at 342.21 finished silver race in 7th at 323.47.
1976: Reno Air Races qualified 9th at 342.857 finished silver race in 3rd at 351.220.
1977: Paul Poberezny N3451D. 
2003: Retired on February 5th. On display at the EAA Museum in Oshkosh, WI.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Unfortunately I have a hockey tournament in Aspen that weekend   :mellow:  :mad: b

:(

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

The online 1 day aspect of this event will be really fun.  

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I'll be at the Navy-Pitt game and won't be able to participate.  I'll try to follow on my smartphone and cheer you guys on, at least.

Might have to run a post-race series and see how I do against the field.  I purchased the WarbirdSim package with the "Seahorse" and might use a P-51D from that series.  One of the "legal" variants, of course.  :wink:

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

I'll happily fly as a second pilot for jt_dub (Jeff). This specific aircraft is also from the 339th Fighter Group out of Fowlmere. This is 5Q-G (Bonny Bea) of Captain Lee "Dutch" Eisenhart, here with a 1944 Malcolm Hood conversion. (Thanks to Jan Kees Blom for his rendition of the livery.)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

BTW. The final rules are now available from the official race thread at the SOH forum.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Sadly I won't be able to take part :Cry:   It's about the only weekend I absolutely can't make as I'll be away on a business trip.  But I hope to be following the race from a hotel room in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. 

I wish I could be there to join in the fun as it looks like it should be a great event.  Good luck to all participants!

I did give Travis a shout and let him know about the event. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

We shall miss you Buzz and Nick. Real life has a way of getting in the way... (!)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Thanks Buzz for the shout out. I won't be able to make this event.  It does sound quite fun and exciting. 

Travis.png?dl=1