Sign in to follow this  
Arismac

Weather could not be loaded

I have just installed Ver 3.34.0 into P3D. Now whenever the update runs it gets to "MET Dynamic Weather Created" then "SIM Event: Sim Stopped" and P3D displays popup saying "The weather theme could not be loaded. Please check that the file exists and try again."

The error is repetitive and consistent with all attempts to "update Weather". Help please.

Mac

opus_001.jpg

This most likely means the FSXSERVER program was unable to copy the OpusWeather.WTB file into the <P3D>\Weather\theme folder. It either did not know where to copy it or was blocked.

Check you have identified your P3D installation folder correctly in the Opus Configure dialog and selected the Prepar3D option. Make sure you have installed OpusFSX in its own folder as described in the Getting Started guide for Single PCs, preferably on a different drive to FSX, say in c:\OpusFSX.

Finally, and the most likely cause of the problem, make sure you have set the sharing, permissions, and security on the P3D installation drive and folder. Instructions can be found in the GS guide. You will need to add the Everyone user group to both sets of permissions, the sharing permissions and security permissions. This is the most likely cause, the FSXSERVER program is simply blocked from copying the file into the P3D Weather theme folder.

Stephen

Thank you for prompt and accurate reply Stephen. My very old vision/brain interface had mistaken G:/ for C:/ in the configuration settings. Now corrected and have given myself a stern lecture to upgrade my reading glasses promptly. Thanks again.

Mac

I know how you feel Mac.

If you have just purchased did you get my warning about installing the Upgrade or Beta ?

Stephen