Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fabs

How to kill a forum...

Lately, I have become quite disillusioned with customer services. It's not just talking about CS, as this sentiment applies in general service providers within our virtual community.

I simply don't know what Captain Sim were thinking when they chose to limit new posts in their own support forum to users who have made 50 posts or more. It's a high threshold to set; from one moment to the next, established customers and forum users could post, and the next, they couldn't.

The CS forum has since become quietly dormant.

Please Captain Sim, inject some CRM logic into your actions, and open up those forums, so that users can continue to post for support, assistance, and beneficial advice.

Spamming can be tackled in other ways, perhaps by increased monitoring, supervision, and moderation.

Unless your initiative was to close down the forum for reasons best known to you, but speculatively one might suggest this could be to lessen workloads, though this would seem counterproductive when the core business strategy is the beta-release method (which incidentally I have no issues with).

This message is from a C-130, B727, B737, B777, CSWX, CSW customer. There, I have supported you, now you support me.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow, people STILL visit CS's pages, impressive.

I used to defend them when they were much more active (and still they hardly posted), but i cured myself. After seeing their 777 'attempt' and realizing the past products i bought from them (nearly everything) will never see an update or get a 'completed' status, i'm out, forever.

The forum looks like Norilsk at night - A cold winter desert.

They had their chance.

I posted a reply in their forums and I mentioned PMDG and it automatically changed the word "PMDG" to "other". I guess this and the 50 posts thing is a way to prevent the "VS" threads which CS is going to lose obviously.

CaptainSim once was had nice addons - but they managed to completly chase me off. After beeing really happy with their 707 (even though it lacks alot of functionallity) I took part in their Boeing 737 "open beta" and had to find out that alot of customer remarks were simply ignored and they delivered a total faulty product (imho). They graphic quality of their addons is out of question, but the functionallity lacks behind those awesome graphics and I really want to fly an airplane, not just look at it.

Also not only limiting their forums like the mentioned way above, but also by prohibiting to talk about other addon developers or even censoring criticism on captain sim made me leave.

Didn't know about the limit, explains why their forums are so quiet now.

I wonder if they will ever release the Tristar with a VC.