Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

LINDA support for Saitek panels!

Welcome to LINDA. I hope it improves your flying experience.

Just installed LINDA to use with two Saitek units for my Majestic Q400. Very impressive and simple to set up. One thing I have noticed is that small increments of altitude are sometimes impossible to set as the unit seems to occasionally go up or down only in 1000 ft increments. Dialling the knob very slowly seems to be more successful but it's a bit of a problem. Anyone else seen this behaviour?

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Anyone else seen this behaviour? 

Yes, I'm aware of that and have tried several fixes but without any solution.

I can't say why and when it occurs and to avoid it.

Have no idea for a fix, sorry

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The latest update LINDA 2.6.7 has been extensively tested with all Saitek Pro Flight panels - Multi, Radio and Switch. Various issues with the previous code have been resolved and improved. This allows the Saitek panels to be used with LINDA without the need for SPAD or Saitek's own drivers and software. The panels work with all aircraft conforming to the FSX Default controls such as FSXP3D C172 and Baron 58 and A2A C172/A182. The Multi and Switch panels will also work with the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pilot and Pro including correct operation of the Landing Gear lights; the Radio panel does not.

To apply the default assignments to the panels, copy the contents for the panels in use from config-Saitek.lua to config-hid.lua (both found in /modules/Linda-cfg/FSX Default). These assignments can overridden as required in the aircraft setup joystick panel.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Just installed LINDA to use with two Saitek units for my Majestic Q400. Very impressive and simple to set up. One thing I have noticed is that small increments of altitude are sometimes impossible to set as the unit seems to occasionally go up or down only in 1000 ft increments. Dialling the knob very slowly seems to be more successful but it's a bit of a problem. Anyone else seen this behaviour?

I found when developing and testing LINDA 2.6.7 with the Saitek Multi and Radio Panels that the existence of the Saitek saipanel.exe software or third-party SPAD can cause the knob inputs to 'double' increment. Also with the Majestic Q400 there are some issues with selecting the correct AP mode.  Further work is required to pin these issues can and hopefully get the radio panel to work with the Q400.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hy Users

I'm a Newbie 

I used a Saitek Multipanel for my fsx/PMDG 737 since 1 week but it didnt work

Thats the reason cause i downloaded linda to setup my controller for the fsx

i want to detect my panel with linda and configurate the keys but i have many problems

if i start linda after complett installation i cant find my panel

linda shows  two devices

the first one is my saitek quadrant thrttole and the second device is my joystick

i installed all drivers for the new devices

i used the original and the spad drivers

if i start the saitek testwindow i can see my panel and all keys

Hy Users

I'm a Newbie 

I used a Saitek Multipanel for my fsx/PMDG 737 since 1 week but it didnt work

Thats the reason cause i downloaded linda to setup my controller for the fsx

i want to detect my panel with linda and configurate the keys but i have many problems

if i start linda after complett installation i cant find my panel

linda shows  two devices

the first one is my saitek quadrant thrttole and the second device is my joystick

i installed all drivers for the new devices

i used the original and the spad drivers

if i start the saitek testwindow i can see my panel and all keys

Welcome to LINDA. With the new version 2.6.7 and as described with the release note, LINDA does not require you to use the Saitek drivers or SPAD. These should be removed or disabled. LINDA should detect the Multi-Panel as a USB device and display it on the Joystick setup and configuration pages. I have not tested the Multi-Panel with the PMDG 737 and you may find that some functions to not work with this aircraft.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi,

I need some help regarding Saitek Panels with LINDA and iFly aircraft. I have Saitek Multi, Switch and Radio panel. Radio panel works fine, multi panel work so so (some buttons work, some don't)...But the switch panel is not recognised at all in the fsx, altough I have set the key assignments in LINDA. I also get a message when in FSX  (and in LINDA console log) that iFlytoFSUIPC.exe NOT detected (and I have iflytoFSUIPC opened...

What can I do to fix the problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Uros

Hi,

I need some help regarding Saitek Panels with LINDA and iFly aircraft. I have Saitek Multi, Switch and Radio panel. Radio panel works fine, multi panel work so so (some buttons work, some don't)...But the switch panel is not recognised at all in the fsx, altough I have set the key assignments in LINDA. I also get a message when in FSX  (and in LINDA console log) that iFlytoFSUIPC.exe NOT detected (and I have iflytoFSUIPC opened...

What can I do to fix the problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Uros

Happy New Year. Welcome to LINDA. Sorry for the slow reply but I missed your post over the festive season.

You should first ensure that you have the latest versions of FSUIPC4 (full paid version) and LINDA (2.6.7).  Try starting FSX with one of the default aircraft (C172) and connect your 3 Saitek panels. All should show up in the LINDA Joystick Setup page. If the switch panel is still missing make sure you have Dynamic HID checkbox ticked and restart LINDA.

When you set up the Switch Panel, you need to know that it is not does not use standard buttons/toggle switches. When switched on each switch activates the OnPress action and stays there. When switched off it activates the OnRelease action. You therefore need to assign the On function (eg. Light_on) to the OnPress entry and the Off function (eg. Light_off) to the OnRelease entry.

I am afraid that I have no knowledge of the iFlytoFSUIPC software so I can not give any advice on this.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Happy New Year Simmers !

Hi, since a week i try linda work with multipanel saitek in airbus aerosoft a318-a319. Radiopanel that's work. But multipanel alt. vs. hd. crs. ias. nothing, only flan set works.

I found everything on internet but that's not very clear.

Can you help me ?

Sorry for my spanish cow english. (Linda beginner)

Happy New Year Simmers !

Hi, since a week i try linda work with multipanel saitek in airbus aerosoft a318-a319. Radiopanel that's work. But multipanel alt. vs. hd. crs. ias. nothing, only flan set works.

I found everything on internet but that's not very clear.

Can you help me ?

Sorry for my spanish cow english. (Linda beginner)

The only parts I have working on the Multi Panel with the Aerosoft Airbus is the Landing Gear. The Aerosoft does not use the standard FSX parameters for HDG, etc. I have more work to do it improving the usability of the Saitek panels with other aircraft. The VRI Combo panels are a better option especially the FCU Airbus.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi folks...Happy new year !!!!

Maybe my question is very simple.

Does LINDA 2.6.7, Saitek Panel Library, work in PMDG MD11 through SAITEK Multi Panel rotary knob to each mode...ALT / VS /....../ CRS, Increasing and decreasing the values in the glareshield panel of the airliner mentioned ?

I've been trying without success !

Thanks,

Marco Aurélio

Hi folks...Happy new year !!!!

Maybe my question is very simple.

Does LINDA 2.6.7, Saitek Panel Library, work in PMDG MD11 through SAITEK Multi Panel rotary knob to each mode...ALT / VS /....../ CRS, Increasing and decreasing the values in the glareshield panel of the airliner mentioned ?

I've been trying without success !

Thanks,

Marco Aurélio

Hi Marco

I can not provide you with a direct answer as I do not have the PMDG MD11 or have tested 2.6.7 and Saitek update on any PMDG aircraft. The Saitek panel code only truly works with aircraft that conform to the FSX default standard (eg. C172, Baron 58, etc). Many of the more sophisticated aircraft add ons do not.  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger,

Thanks for your replying !

You're right, the PMDG's Auto-Pilot has your own code to deal with automated flight.

God Bless you !!!!

Warmly,

From BraSil.............. Marco Aurélio

You are welcome. (There is no God here!)

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK