Artem Crum

LINDA support for Saitek panels!

Hello Saitek funs and users!

There where many requests about LINDA to support Saitek Pro Flight panels. The first step is accomplished - Saitek Pro Flight Switch panel is now fully supported. You can assign anything you need to every switch on the panel. Gears state indication is also avialable.

Actually this was not too hard. Next day I've got the panel it was already working with LINDA.

Other Saitek panels could be supported also, but as usual I need my hands on them to make them work. I don't need them myself, as I'm using VRi MCP Combo for most operations, so I'm not going to buy other Saitek devices myself. But if anyone and/or Saitek want and could sponsor this development, this will be done as soon, as I'll get the hardware, And as usual with all the flexibility LINDA offers.

Saitek Gauges panels are special case - I'm not sure yet, if I could make them work with LINDA.

Latest release and common information about LINDA is here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/338310-linda-v113-released/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great news,

as my girl bought me a switch panel and the BIP panel as an early birthday present.

im hoping the BIP is supported soon as wel.

keep up the good work,its much apreciated

Marco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote from one of the users regarding other Saitek panels:

I have the Saitek switch, radio, and autopilot panels.  All of them showed up and all switches and rotaries are seen and programmable.   Great job.

However don't expect LINDA will control those panels displays. You will still have to use SPAD or original Saitek driver for that.

Hi Artem!

Just to say a huge thank you for adding support for the Saitek Pro Switch Panel!   ^_^

The release of the v0.5 module for the PMDG 777 prompted me to try some assignments using the unit, and it works perfectly. (You can see a few details in this post: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418643-pmdg-777-module-version-05/page-3#entry2843450 ).

LINDA just keeps getting better and better!   :biggrin:

Best wishes,

Brian

LINDA is fantastic.

I am running FSX on Win 7x64 and I pretty much fly the Level-D 767.

I have the Saitek Multi Panel, Swtich and Radio.

A few problems I am unable to overcome while using LINDA....

1. Without simultaneously running SPAD, the display numbers wont work. 

2. How do I get the the Altitude to adjust when I turn to the altitude setting and then, say. switch to Vertical Speed and have the dial adjust vertical speed setting? It seems I am limited to having the rotate knob only change one of these settings.

3. Altitude, IAS, VS and Heading... what ever I choose, numbers will not display the corresponding number with the Level-D aircraft. Say my Aircraft Altitude is set through the Aircraft console (not the panel) to 24000... the saitek panel will not reflect the changes. 

These issues, while minor, would really add a better level of sim experience if they could be corrected. 

Any thoughts?

Hi there,

I have just discovered Linda and it looks to be a great product. Unfortunately it seems that I am not clever enough to understand it.  I have the Saitek Switch Panel and a Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne. Now I would like to  assign the Avionics Master Switch of the Cheyenne to the Avionics Master Button of the Panel. Since it is not an FSX command I had to go via the Tracer and did find the correct variable. And that was all. I can assign another FSX-command via the Linda Editor but never made it to assigning the Cheyenne-command (PA31MasterAvionics). I have read so much about Linda and Lua today that I really do not know how to continue. Anybody, who can help me?

Thanks a lot

Karsten

Hello Karsten,

seems you have to create your own module for the Cheyenne with LUA variables as obvisously not all functions are covered by the default FSX commands.

There are in the FAQ some links to threads which describe how to gather and make a module, hope that helps.

I'm in holiday now for a week.

If you have no success, please open a new thread in the LINDA support froum with your problem in a week. I try to help then after my return.

Schönes Wochenende,

Günter

Hello Günter,

I hope that you had a nice holiday. In the meantime I have opened a thread in the support forum but so far no views and no replies. If you could help me just with the syntax than I would probably be able to write all other functions which I need myself.

Regards

Karsten

LINDA is fantastic.

I am running FSX on Win 7x64 and I pretty much fly the Level-D 767.

I have the Saitek Multi Panel, Swtich and Radio.

A few problems I am unable to overcome while using LINDA....

1. Without simultaneously running SPAD, the display numbers wont work. 

2. How do I get the the Altitude to adjust when I turn to the altitude setting and then, say. switch to Vertical Speed and have the dial adjust vertical speed setting? It seems I am limited to having the rotate knob only change one of these settings.

3. Altitude, IAS, VS and Heading... what ever I choose, numbers will not display the corresponding number with the Level-D aircraft. Say my Aircraft Altitude is set through the Aircraft console (not the panel) to 24000... the saitek panel will not reflect the changes. 

These issues, while minor, would really add a better level of sim experience if they could be corrected. 

Any thoughts?

Me too I have same problem exactly like what Dave Steele wrote above, So any help pls?

Hi Flysimoo

LINDA is only compatible with the Saitek Switch Panel at the moment. However, we are hoping to address this shortly. Keep watching this space.

Hi There

I seem to not be able to find anything that answers the problem of having to run SPAD to enable the display

At this stage I use a hybrid of FSUIPC, SPAD & LINDA

Not overly impressed with LINDA

Find it very complicated even after reading brian 747's document & the manual several times

I am not a computer expert

Regards

Hans

Hi There

I seem to not be able to find anything that answers the problem of having to run SPAD to enable the display

At this stage I use a hybrid of FSUIPC, SPAD & LINDA

Not overly impressed with LINDA

Find it very complicated even after reading brian 747's document & the manual several times

I am not a computer expert

Regards

Hans

Hi Hans

I am sorry to hear that you think LINDA is complicated. Compared to FSUIPC4 it is considerably easier to assign a wide range of functions specific to the various aircraft you fly without any computer knowledge.  There is now some support for Saitek panels and replace SPAD.  If I can get my hands on the Saitek radio and multi panels I hope to take this further.

If you have specific issues with LINDA then this forum is where we will try to answer them for you.  LINDA 2.6.4 with some fixes was issued today.

This is my first experience with LINDA. Simply outstanding.

Welcome to LINDA. I hope it improves your flying experience.

Welcome to LINDA. I hope it improves your flying experience.

Just installed LINDA to use with two Saitek units for my Majestic Q400. Very impressive and simple to set up. One thing I have noticed is that small increments of altitude are sometimes impossible to set as the unit seems to occasionally go up or down only in 1000 ft increments. Dialling the knob very slowly seems to be more successful but it's a bit of a problem. Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Anyone else seen this behaviour? 

Yes, I'm aware of that and have tried several fixes but without any solution.

I can't say why and when it occurs and to avoid it.

Have no idea for a fix, sorry

The latest update LINDA 2.6.7 has been extensively tested with all Saitek Pro Flight panels - Multi, Radio and Switch. Various issues with the previous code have been resolved and improved. This allows the Saitek panels to be used with LINDA without the need for SPAD or Saitek's own drivers and software. The panels work with all aircraft conforming to the FSX Default controls such as FSXP3D C172 and Baron 58 and A2A C172/A182. The Multi and Switch panels will also work with the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pilot and Pro including correct operation of the Landing Gear lights; the Radio panel does not.

To apply the default assignments to the panels, copy the contents for the panels in use from config-Saitek.lua to config-hid.lua (both found in /modules/Linda-cfg/FSX Default). These assignments can overridden as required in the aircraft setup joystick panel.

Just installed LINDA to use with two Saitek units for my Majestic Q400. Very impressive and simple to set up. One thing I have noticed is that small increments of altitude are sometimes impossible to set as the unit seems to occasionally go up or down only in 1000 ft increments. Dialling the knob very slowly seems to be more successful but it's a bit of a problem. Anyone else seen this behaviour?

I found when developing and testing LINDA 2.6.7 with the Saitek Multi and Radio Panels that the existence of the Saitek saipanel.exe software or third-party SPAD can cause the knob inputs to 'double' increment. Also with the Majestic Q400 there are some issues with selecting the correct AP mode.  Further work is required to pin these issues can and hopefully get the radio panel to work with the Q400.

Hy Users

I'm a Newbie 

I used a Saitek Multipanel for my fsx/PMDG 737 since 1 week but it didnt work

Thats the reason cause i downloaded linda to setup my controller for the fsx

i want to detect my panel with linda and configurate the keys but i have many problems

if i start linda after complett installation i cant find my panel

linda shows  two devices

the first one is my saitek quadrant thrttole and the second device is my joystick

i installed all drivers for the new devices

i used the original and the spad drivers

if i start the saitek testwindow i can see my panel and all keys

Hy Users

I'm a Newbie 

I used a Saitek Multipanel for my fsx/PMDG 737 since 1 week but it didnt work

Thats the reason cause i downloaded linda to setup my controller for the fsx

i want to detect my panel with linda and configurate the keys but i have many problems

if i start linda after complett installation i cant find my panel

linda shows  two devices

the first one is my saitek quadrant thrttole and the second device is my joystick

i installed all drivers for the new devices

i used the original and the spad drivers

if i start the saitek testwindow i can see my panel and all keys

Welcome to LINDA. With the new version 2.6.7 and as described with the release note, LINDA does not require you to use the Saitek drivers or SPAD. These should be removed or disabled. LINDA should detect the Multi-Panel as a USB device and display it on the Joystick setup and configuration pages. I have not tested the Multi-Panel with the PMDG 737 and you may find that some functions to not work with this aircraft.

Hi,

I need some help regarding Saitek Panels with LINDA and iFly aircraft. I have Saitek Multi, Switch and Radio panel. Radio panel works fine, multi panel work so so (some buttons work, some don't)...But the switch panel is not recognised at all in the fsx, altough I have set the key assignments in LINDA. I also get a message when in FSX  (and in LINDA console log) that iFlytoFSUIPC.exe NOT detected (and I have iflytoFSUIPC opened...

What can I do to fix the problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Uros

Hi,

I need some help regarding Saitek Panels with LINDA and iFly aircraft. I have Saitek Multi, Switch and Radio panel. Radio panel works fine, multi panel work so so (some buttons work, some don't)...But the switch panel is not recognised at all in the fsx, altough I have set the key assignments in LINDA. I also get a message when in FSX  (and in LINDA console log) that iFlytoFSUIPC.exe NOT detected (and I have iflytoFSUIPC opened...

What can I do to fix the problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Uros

Happy New Year. Welcome to LINDA. Sorry for the slow reply but I missed your post over the festive season.

You should first ensure that you have the latest versions of FSUIPC4 (full paid version) and LINDA (2.6.7).  Try starting FSX with one of the default aircraft (C172) and connect your 3 Saitek panels. All should show up in the LINDA Joystick Setup page. If the switch panel is still missing make sure you have Dynamic HID checkbox ticked and restart LINDA.

When you set up the Switch Panel, you need to know that it is not does not use standard buttons/toggle switches. When switched on each switch activates the OnPress action and stays there. When switched off it activates the OnRelease action. You therefore need to assign the On function (eg. Light_on) to the OnPress entry and the Off function (eg. Light_off) to the OnRelease entry.

I am afraid that I have no knowledge of the iFlytoFSUIPC software so I can not give any advice on this.

Happy New Year Simmers !

Hi, since a week i try linda work with multipanel saitek in airbus aerosoft a318-a319. Radiopanel that's work. But multipanel alt. vs. hd. crs. ias. nothing, only flan set works.

I found everything on internet but that's not very clear.

Can you help me ?

Sorry for my spanish cow english. (Linda beginner)

Happy New Year Simmers !

Hi, since a week i try linda work with multipanel saitek in airbus aerosoft a318-a319. Radiopanel that's work. But multipanel alt. vs. hd. crs. ias. nothing, only flan set works.

I found everything on internet but that's not very clear.

Can you help me ?

Sorry for my spanish cow english. (Linda beginner)

The only parts I have working on the Multi Panel with the Aerosoft Airbus is the Landing Gear. The Aerosoft does not use the standard FSX parameters for HDG, etc. I have more work to do it improving the usability of the Saitek panels with other aircraft. The VRI Combo panels are a better option especially the FCU Airbus.