Sign in to follow this  
LH067U

DX10 Fixer Configuration

Also it´s good to let fsx rebuild a new stock fsx.cfg !

How do you do that?

I bought the Fixer yesterday and I'm still new and trying to learn the inner secrets of FSX :).

Simply rename the existing one to something like fsx.cfg.old and restart FSX.

Regards,

Nick

Hhm, impossible to edit the title. Not such an option down the first article :-(

I edited your topic title.  If there's a problem, let me know.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello,

I thought I give this dx10 fixer a try. After installing the libs I used 4xAA but I have no luck with AA . Normally the plane on the freeflight page is without any edges, so my planes and the world after loading a plane and scenery. With DX10 fixer switched to DX10 there def. no AA. Do some of you arehaving any idea?

Cheers and thnx Tom

Win7 64bit Nvidia Gtx 580, Driver 314.22

Ps. Is it possible to switch back to DX9 without deinstalling the libs?

Hello,

I thought I give this dx10 fixer a try. After installing the libs I used 4xAA but I have no luck with AA . Normally the plane on the freeflight page is without any edges, so my planes and the world after loading a plane and scenery. With DX10 fixer switched to DX10 there def. no AA. Do some of you arehaving any idea?

Cheers and thnx Tom

Win7 64bit Nvidia Gtx 580, Driver 314.22

This thread should help: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426219-proper-nvidia-inspector-settings-wiht-dx10-fixer/

It's normal to have the plane look jaggy with no aa in the aircraft preview, but it's not when you fire up the flight.

Hello,

after following very carefully and precisely (in my POV) the above mentioned ToDo list the field GENERAL SHADER in DX10Fixer is greyed out and I cannot open the configuration. Does anybody knew if this is ok - or what to do?

Thnx and Cheers Tom

Hello,

after following very carefully and precisely (in my POV) the above mentioned ToDo list the field GENERAL SHADER in DX10Fixer is greyed out and I cannot open the configuration. Does anybody knew if this is ok - or what to do?

Thnx and Cheers Tom

Found the reason by myself. I used the Shader Release 3.2.2. as mentioned in the todo list. But if I change the original Shader HSL in any way I cannot control it via DX10 Fixer. Now I ask myself what is better: 1. to control it via DX10Fixer or 2. to use the Shader Release 3.2.2. with there extras for light and water?

What is your opinion or experience.

Thnx and Cheers Tom

Grab this, Tom, place it in the FSX root folder (where FSX.exe lives).. Delete your old ShadersHLSL folder completely and then unzip this one in its place. This is the stock folder. Do not forget to also delete the Shaders10 cache folder - which you will find at :-

"C:\Users\pj\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders10 "

Any time you physically change anything in the ShadersHLSL folder - you must do this. OK!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Grab this, Tom, place it in the FSX root folder (where FSX.exe lives).. Delete your old ShadersHLSL folder completely and then unzip this one in its place. This is the stock folder. Do not forget to also delete the Shaders10 cache folder - which you will find at :-

"C:\Users\pj\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders10 "

Any time you physically change anything in the ShadersHLSL folder - you must do this. OK!

All the Best,

pj

Thnx Paul, I did that already - but my question was what is better the Shader 3.2.2. or the DX10Fixer - that would be interesting.

Thnx and Cheers Tom

Sorry. Maybe there's a second page. I just saw two unanswered posts and jumped in..

No - don't use the patch system with the retail Fixer. The Fixer has a dozen or more other aircraft and scenery fixes which cannot be fixed by simple patches or repairs to the Shader code. These control things like Bloom - the amount of, and type of bloom: automobile lights: size of the Halo emission: the amount of cockpit shadowing: the "split", or balance between legacy scenery fix and aircraft fix: many changes to the different lighting systems which FSX uses.... and so on. Totally different bird, Tom. OK!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Sorry. Maybe there's a second page. I just saw two unanswered posts and jumped in..

No - don't use the patch system with the retail Fixer. The Fixer has a dozen or more other aircraft and scenery fixes which cannot be fixed by simple patches or repairs to the Shader code. These control things like Bloom - the amount of, and type of bloom: automobile lights: size of the Halo emission: the amount of cockpit shadowing: the "split", or balance between legacy scenery fix and aircraft fix: many changes to the different lighting systems which FSX uses.... and so on. Totally different bird, Tom. OK!

All the Best,

pj

Thnx Paul, very helpfull!

Paul do you mean the STEVE DX10 FIXER when you say the retail fixer? If yes you advice to do the dx10 fix manually by following the TODO list? Or do I understand something completely wrong? Sorry I am not native english.

Thnx Tom

Yes - the Retail Fixer is the SteveFX DX10 Scenery fixer, purchased from the FSS Store.

If yes you advice to do the dx10 fix manually by following the TODO list?

Sorry, Tom, I have no idea what you are trying to say...

You will have to find the rights words this time!!  :lol: