Sign in to follow this  
g_precentralis

Android GPS ILS app

Found this app recently, and tested it few times at local airfields with no navaids. It works very nice, providing an GPS approach for every single airfield.

Here is the app link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gps_ils.Package

Although it's a great app, use it with caution and wisely. Do NOT use it for IFR - it's not certified, it could be unreliable, and the most important, it can kill you easily.

Very cool, be great if it could be used in FSX...

Eugene

I agree, there's lots of FSX map tracking software available on Android, one of my favorites is FlightMap.

I've emailed the developer with the suggestion of adapting it to the Flight sim Community, will hope for the best...

Eugene

It looks like the glideslope on that first approach was going to put you into the trees.

Agreed, and I see the pilot wisely ignored it, but the localiser worked well, which is more important. As long as you know your range the altitude isn't too difficult to work out.

I emailed the developer about maybe making it available for FSX, this was his response:

"Eugene, not sure how I can help. The app is free and so anybody can download

it. I am not keen to charge because this is a fundamentally a service to the

pilot community for safer landings."

Fair enough, very generous of him.

Eugene