orkney4.jpg

orkney5.jpg

orkney6.jpg

orkney7.jpg

orkney8.jpg

orkney9.jpg

orkney10.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Your terrain mesh looks very accurate.  What program do you use?

FS Global Ultimate, although earthsimulations usually has it's own mesh I believe

Best, Michael

KDFW

The photorealistic Orkneys (and Shetland Isles) scenery was published by PlayHorizon. I assume that James purchased a copy of this from Earth Simulations. The screenshots are nice, although personally I would add some haze in the distance (20 or 30 miles is good). FSX scenery always looks a bit "harsh" in broad daylight with no haze.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Nice shots.  There are several videos on YouTube shot from a BN-2 landing in the Orkneys.  Let me just say that the wx is emphatically not as good as in your screenies :rolleyes:

Hi Chris

The photorealistic Orkneys (and Shetland Isles) scenery was published by PlayHorizon

"Published" doesn't mean the same as "Made by". The developer of this product is officially Horizon Simulations, (though we did have quite a hand in it too, as the project was started before we'd left horizon....like the watermasking and a few other bits n pieces).  

Sorry, Darren. I remember that you were involved with some of the early development work for the Scotland photoscenery project, but I had forgotten that this extended to the early days of Earth Simulations. My right hand is now a bit sore after a visit to the headmaster's office :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

***SPECTACULAR***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

And yet another memorable set of screenshots from HL "The real deal" James! How do you plan your flights? You are so spoiled for choice with your realistic global setup, how do you actually manage to decide where to go with your flights?

Cheers,

Sascha

And yet another memorable set of screenshots from HL "The real deal" James! How do you plan your flights? You are so spoiled for choice with your realistic global setup, how do you actually manage to decide where to go with your flights?

When projects time out of the forum I refly them.

HLJAMES

Interesting area & great screen-shots James!

Darryl