Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

Choice of case for Corsair Hydro H110

Hello forum,

I am leaning on moving to liquid cooling for my new rig, and I have read good reviews on the H110 by Corsair. Its radiator is a 280mmm, so I was wondering whether any case will do. I am going for a full tower, but I am trying to understand what case models would be compatible with the H110. Maybe some of you could give me a good suggestion. Any help will be much appreciated,

Enrico :smile:

Enrico,

Check out Phantecs Enthoo Primo. I did a lot of research before ordering one. It's not available until mid October but for the money I think it gives the best options for water cooling or air cooling with a number of options for radiator locations for water cooling. I am doing a 280mm radiator in the bottom of my case as well as a 420mm in the top to cool both my cpu and gpu. Check out the reviews on this case. I am building my first water cooled computer as well. Good luck

http://www.phanteksusa.com/products/phanteks-enthoo-primo

Just built my new PC this week using the Corsair H110 in a Corsair C70 case. Be aware that the method of mounting the H110 is using 8 bolts that go through the fan holes in the case and then pass through the fan mounts and screw into the radiator casing. Corsair recommend that the air be drawn from the outside of the case through the radiator, I wanted to do it the other way around so I need to find some sorter bolts of the same thread size but not had much luck with that yet.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

It will fit the 650D.  Here is the link with compatible cases. 

http://www.corsair.com/en/cpu-cooling-kits/hydro-series-water-cooling-cpu-cooler/hydro-series-h110-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

Just built my new PC this week using the Corsair H110 in a Corsair C70 case. Be aware that the method of mounting the H110 is using 8 bolts that go through the fan holes in the case and then pass through the fan mounts and screw into the radiator casing. Corsair recommend that the air be drawn from the outside of the case through the radiator, I wanted to do it the other way around so I need to find some sorter bolts of the same thread size but not had much luck with that yet.

I think the Corsair suggestion makes sense.  You want the cooler external air being drawn in to cool the liquid not the hot case air.  It will also cool the rest of the case with that air and you are probably getting sufficient exhaust from the rear fan(s).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Go for the NEW Corsair 750D.

http://www.corsair.com/en/pc-cases/obsidian-series-pc-case/obsidian-series-750d-full-tower-atx-case.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpoQqdeqnTo

I think the Corsair suggestion makes sense.  You want the cooler external air being drawn in to cool the liquid not the hot case air.  It will also cool the rest of the case with that air and you are probably getting sufficient exhaust from the rear fan(s).

Not necessarily.

Drawing cold air into the case, through the radiator is best for CPU, yes. But you will also be blowing hot radiator air into your case, thus increasing enclosure temperature, GPU temp, motherboard temp.

The other way around, exhausting out, so enclosure air passes through the radiator may increase CPU temp a fraction, but not by much, not enough to be a big issue.

Well,

first off many thanks to those who replied to my post with their suggestions. After doing some more research on my own, I decided I won't go for the Corsair H110, or any other pre assembled liquid cooling kit; I will buy the components one by one, and build my first water cooling system. True, it might be a little more expensive, for sure more time consuming, definitely much more fun. I still have to pick the case that suits me. I'll go for a full tower, with lots of room for radiators, fans, tubes. Some of you already mentioned the Corsair, well, I am looking at the new 900D; another possible candidates are the Cosoms II or the HAF 932, both from Coolermaster. So, as you can see, I have finally made up my mind. Once the decision about the case is made, I'll start shopping around for all the pieces..this is gonna be fun!!

Take care everyone,

Enrico :wink:

The 900D is a nice case Enrico, absolutely huge though, make sure you have room for it. A full blown custom water cooling kit in the 900D, and all parts, will be VERY heavy. Not exactly new now. The 750D is the newest case.

Do consider the 750D, It's bigger than the 650D with fantastic radiator support and all the latest features. It's also way cheaper than the 900D, the savings you make can go toward better components.

I still have to pick the case that suits me

Enrico it's not for nothing case manufactures used to put grommets for custom watercooling solutions at the rear of their cases.

If you have decided a without-compromise, and fun, watercooling solution is for you why compromise and put it in a case too big to be practical ?

I'd think a little more if I were you.  :rolleyes:

I'd think a little more if I were you.  :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the case? What would you suggest? I like when people make me look at things from thei perspective, you always learn something new,

Enrico

Enrico it's not for nothing case manufactures used to put grommets for custom watercooling solutions at the rear of their cases.

They still do.

If you have decided a without-compromise, and fun, watercooling solution is for you why compromise and put it in a case too big to be practical ?

If it's "without compromise" he may well be able to benefit from the capacious case that is the 900D. Too big isn't a compromise, small is. I wouldn't ever say someone "shouldn't buy the 900D. That's for them to decide. He may well be favouring the enormity of the 900D, precisely because it's huge, to make a creative statement. 

Exactly said Martin, I am looking at the 900D for its size, because that would mean more room and options, but maybe I am wrong, I have not made up my mind yet. I have got to say the case that really draws my interest and attention is the Cosmos II from Coolermaster, it just looks sporty, flashy, not as roomy as the 900D, hard decisons....lol... :P

Enrico

Down to personal taste, I like my cases simplistic in design, like the 750D.