Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

Choice of case for Corsair Hydro H110

that would mean more room and options

Enrico do you intend to run SLI or CrossFire?

Are you using SSD's only, hard drives or a combination of both?

Do you really need an optical drive?

What cpu? Will it be heavily overclocked?

What are the 'options' you are thinking about?

It is difficult for us to recommend cases without this basic info.

For example you don't even need a mid-tower if you intend to run SSD's only, one standard length graphics card and incorporate external custom watercooling.

These days one can get high capacity mSATA drives - plug them into an MSI G45G/65 motherboard or similar and you don't need space for storage at all. 

Another alternative is the AeroCool Strike X Air - a totally different concept but might be right for you?

Of course if the size of your p.... is the determining factor then nothing we add here will really sway you.

This opportunity doesn't happen frequently ... think carefully, be happy with your choice. :lol:

Of course if the size of your p.... is the determining factor then nothing we add here will really sway you.

Hi Appliance, I did not know it came down to this.... :lol:...

anyway, to answer some of your questions:

no SLI

combination of SSD and HDD

GTX780 video card

Intel 4770K, which I would like to overclock to between 4.5 and 4.8

Optical drive

Liquid cooling system, internal, I want the case to self contain it

Will cool CPU and GPU.

As a matter of fact, I ain't getting the Obsidian 900, I checked it out on many youtube videos, and it is just too big.

Going back to the size of my p...I am not doing this to show anything off, the case won't be carried around to LAN parties, nor will I have my buddies over just to impress them. I am doing it for myself, to have a nice rig, watercooled, cpu overclocked, that's about it. I won't even take pix and post them in forums, I personally couldn't care less....

Enrico

it is just too big

Enrico you skite.  :lol:  :P  :O

Seriously though thank you for the info.  That really helps in delineating a meaningful response. Something members should bear in mind when asking for solutions.

Best of luck and happy simming with your new rig.

Hi Appliance, I did not know it came down to this.... :lol:...

anyway, to answer some of your questions:

no SLI

combination of SSD and HDD

GTX780 video card

Intel 4770K, which I would like to overclock to between 4.5 and 4.8

Optical drive

Liquid cooling system, internal, I want the case to self contain it

Will cool CPU and GPU.

As a matter of fact, I ain't getting the Obsidian 900, I checked it out on many youtube videos, and it is just too big.

Going back to the size of my p...I am not doing this to show anything off, the case won't be carried around to LAN parties, nor will I have my buddies over just to impress them. I am doing it for myself, to have a nice rig, watercooled, cpu overclocked, that's about it. I won't even take pix and post them in forums, I personally couldn't care less....

Enrico

4770K to 4.8 would be VERY optimistic, unless you intend to delid. Even then I doubt 4.8. Doesn't matter though, as Haswell is a faster architecture, so still would be fast.

Ill post a pic of mine later. I have the cooler standing on the floor next to my PC it looks ugly but my case didn't have anywhere for it and it eliminated the issue of having to decide if I wanted hot air being driven into my case from the CPU cooler or the Cpu cooler sucking hot air out of the case now every thing gets good cool air.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I love me Corsair Vengeance C70...looks like something you would find in a military bunker and built like it too...it fits my H100 with push/pull perfectly.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor