Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

So what's the story about Sim720

Sim720 released Oban (EGEO North Connel) today as an independent developer. 

I posted screenshot at OrbX and it got deleted without notice. O asked about in the general forum and it got deleted as well.

Not a very nice attitude towards your customers. Why not tell just what happened.

Anyway Oban by Sim720 is a nice addition to OrbX SCO and compatible with default and Horizon as well.

Look here.

oban_narrow_06.jpg

RobdeVries.jpg

Very interesting. It is apparently compatible with GenX photoscenery aswell. Nice move by Sim720 if you ask me. The negative attitude at ORBx with respect to compatibility with UK photoscenery is rather tiresome, so this is a like a breath of fresh air!

Oh, and Caernarfon, Stornoway, Inverness and London Heliport in development. Yes, very interesting indeed!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Humm...looks like sim720 (whatever that stands for) was on contract to Orbx and now are striking out on their own?

Oh and thanks for the headsup on this.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Good for them... it's about time someone called ORBX's BS on "my way or the highway". I wish other developers would start making airports that seamlessly blend with FTXG or any of their areas.

I'm wondering if ORBX libraries are used. I don't care either way, but I know JV would have a conniption if they were. The customer already paid for licensing it. I'm all for independent developers putting out sceneries that require ORBX libraries/sceneries. I see this as more sales for ORBX and more sales for independents. If I were to have to wait for ORBX to create every airport I hope for, I would give up on this hobby.

I wonder what will happen to "support" of the 720 products that were developed for or branded ORBX? And I wonder if a similar conflict will rear its head with the Pilots/FSGlobal partnership they're doing for the vector add-on.

Thanks for the kind words Rob

Good for them... it's about time someone called ORBX's BS on "my way or the highway". I wish other developers would start making airports that seamlessly blend with FTXG or any of their areas.

I'm wondering if ORBX libraries are used. I don't care either way, but I know JV would have a conniption if they were. The customer already paid for licensing it. I'm all for independent developers putting out sceneries that require ORBX libraries/sceneries. I see this as more sales for ORBX and more sales for independents. If I were to have wait for ORBX to do every airport I hope for, I would give up on this hobby.

I wonder what will happen to "support" of the 720 products that were developed for or branded ORBX? And I wonder if a similar conflict will rear its head with the Pilots/FSGlobal partnership they're doing for the vector add-on.

In short, no. Those libraries are proprietary to them and obviously it would not be legal for SIM720 (nor any other developer) to use them in our products.

SIM720 have been busily putting together our own extensive catalogue of reusable objects, and we'll continue to do so as we go forward with new projects.

Head over to the SIM720 website for more info on what we've got planned!

Cheers,

Greg

SIM720

Congratulations Greg.  I wish you good fortune on your new venture and I'll sure be buying some airports from you.  They look first class.

Will you be doing any large international airports?

Congratulations Greg.  I wish you good fortune on your new venture and I'll sure be buying some airports from you.  They look first class.

Will you be doing any large international airports?

Thanks Robert,

We're looking at lots of different options but until we firm things up we won't make any announcements!

Greg

Good to hear Greg! Keep on keeping on!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Oh man, if we could get some Sim 720 love for WSSS, that would be great. The only WSSS sceneries are fairly subpar, and seeing as Changi is the gate for most airlines into Australia, it makes sense!

Aamir Thacker

But why did John act so anal with his deleting of sincere posts?

Whether we agree with it or not, my guess is...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/605-orbx-forum-terms-of-use/

Posts can and will be deleted from time to time by Orbx staff if their content breaches the terms of use or is deemed inappropriate or deemed to be inciting flame posts. Posts can and will be deleted without an explanation to the original poster.

• 15 ) You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests, nor may you post links to other developer's or publisher's sales, discounts or special deals. This is the private Orbx forums and we aren't a marketing platform for other companies. Please respect that.
  • 17 ) Do NOT post release announcements for *any* other company or developer's flight simulation addon products for FSX or Prepar3D. There are many other places where those developers can release their news and make those announcements, but these forums are not the appropriate place for them.

So I guess that people were announcing Sim720 releases on the ORBx forum? If that's the case, then you can't really blame JV for removing those posts. The rules are clear enough.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris you should really read the thread before assuming something. I adhered to the rules period.

RobdeVries.jpg

Holland,

Not knowing exactly what you posted on the Orbx forum, I would have to agree with Cvearl's post above.  However, I've seen a post or two over at Orbx, of the mention of SIM720 scenery, and they weren't deleted. 

And, as I read the posting rules for this forum, reading between the lines, there are a lot of posts here that should be deleted.  There has been a lot of "head bashing" on this forum towards other people and their products. 

Anyways Holland,  thanks for sharing the screenshot as I never had gone to the SIM720 website before, and now I have.  Looks like a fantastic product.  May have to try it out.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck

Sorry, Rob. I really didn't mean to offend you. I tried to find posts regarding Sim 720 on the ORBx forum, but I guess they have all been deleted :smile: I know what they can be like over there (which is why I have made a grand total of one post on the ORBx forum), so I appreciate your frustration.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png