Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

So what's the story about Sim720

Holland,

, I've seen a post or two over at Orbx, of the mention of SIM720 scenery, and they weren't deleted. 

Where? Because I cannot find them. Only post related to their airports being released under OrbX flag, like Compton Abbas or how that Podunk Hollow airport is called.

Sorry, Rob. I really didn't mean to offend you. I tried to find posts regarding Sim 720 on the ORBx forum, but I guess they have all been deleted :smile: I know what they can be like over there (which is why I have made a grand total of one post on the ORBx forum), so I appreciate your frustration.

No offence Chris. I'm just trying to understand what happened regarding the Sim720 stuff and why JV reacts in the way he did. But I think I'm gonna put it to rest.  Not gonna waste anymore energy on it. Not worth it.

Thanks all for answering my question.

RobdeVries.jpg

Holland,

To answer, what I did was went to their search box and typed SIM720.  Here is one thread I found, though dated April.  Not knowing what the relationship between SIM720 and Orbx is, my guess is that they were a "team" at one time, or still are.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/57658-for-the-sim720-boysand-girls/?hl=sim720

Here's another dated September.... They're just mentioning SIM720 in the text.  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64567-a-special-message/?hl=sim720

So, again I'm not sure why they deleted your post(s).

And, again, thanks for sharing the SIM720 pic.

Greg.....Looks good.  I've been to your site now, thanks to this thread, and am looking forward to more of SIM720 scenery.

Rod

Rod Beck

I'm not sure what the issue is around 720 doing their own thing.

29Palms does work for ORBX and also have their own products.  Never an issue that I can see so why would there be a problem with 720 doing their own thing?

Just like 29Palms, 720 could still contract to ORBX.

dont see what the issue is, its a common thing for developer forums not to allow posts of products they dont make.

its like going on the QW forums and posting screenshots of the CS757, or going in the pmdg forum and posting ifly 737 screenshots, the chances are your posts will be removed without warning.

-Paul-

I didn't think anyone was saying there was an issue, perhaps I'm wrong....it's great to have them putting out products on their own.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

yeah the op is saying there is an issue because he didnt read the forum rules or didnt care about them and wonders why his screenshot of a sim720 addon got removed.

Who's job is it to read the forum rules ?

-Paul-

They seem to want plenty of screenshots of their own products over on the Sim720 forum, so get cracking!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ah I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife.  The issue to which is being referred isn't about 720 it's about Orbx deleting the posts.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Ah I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife.  The issue to which is being referred isn't about 720 it's about Orbx deleting the posts.

yeah sorry was just a little puzzled on what the op was trying to do on the orbx forum, its pretty clear that we can not promote other developers airports and addon scenery on orbx forums so didnt see what the issue was about his post/posts being deleted. I think that has been a rule longer than ive been a member on their forums.

-Paul-

Sim720 released Oban (EGEO North Connel) today as an independent developer. 

I posted screenshot at OrbX and it got deleted without notice. O asked about in the general forum and it got deleted as well.

Not a very nice attitude towards your customers. Why not tell just what happened.

Anyway Oban by Sim720 is a nice addition to OrbX SCO and compatible with default and Horizon as well.

Look here.

oban_narrow_06.jpg

If you think Oban is good then you need to Caernarfon for Wales from SIM720