Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Pro-Atc or Radar Contact?

Does VoxAtc support button commands, or only voice?

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

voice only

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

that's how voxATC currently does it.  the future is here! lol.  well except for the accents, i think it just randomly chooses voice sets.

cheers

-andy crosby

How is it with AI generation? I heard that once you are airborne, there is minimal AI planes.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Voxatc traffic can be a bit low in the air at times but when en route in real life how much traffic can you really see? Especially with weather, too easy to bring up an AI teaffic window to see whats around.

I think where VOXATC wins hands down it by you talking to ATC, nothing else comes as close to real life, if you dont wana talk you can get your 1st officer to do the coms.

I'll be honest dont know why people accept pressing buttons to reply/talk to ATC, we strive for realisim yet were happy to press buttons to communicate, bit 1980's tech nowdays.

Guess anyone whos looking for replacement ATC really needs to have a think about what they want to get out of it. None are perfect and all have good points and bad.

This topic started as RC or ProATC, my choice would be RC, to be frank i dont know what the Pro of PRO ATC X refers to, ive watched all the youtube vids and seen my buddies proatcx, in my oppinion (as real world cpl, atc & a real world atc simulator developer) pro atc commands a high $ price for a beta standard product lacking features any basic atc program should have. If you want a combined flight planner and WIP atc then pro atc may be right for you but i would spend your £€ or $ wiseley, rem you could get RC & PFE for the cost of pro atc.

The subject of which prog is best is always going to be ones personal choice. My personal selection order would be

VOXATC (closest to real world use & cockpit workload)

Radar Contact (IYP good addon with it)

PFE

Pro ATC X (last cuz it needs alot of work still)

As i said before what ever you get enjoy it

I think where VOXATC wins hands down it by you talking to ATC, nothing else comes as close to real life, if you dont wana talk you can get your 1st officer to do the coms.

that works ? didn't know that.

does the fo do it automatically or do you have to press buttons for it ? (e.g. like the fsx atc menu)

like I want another approach or another cruise level ? how to tell the fo to do it ?

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Going back to the original post, it depends exactly what you want, but I have another suggestion which might be of interest

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408490-ai-aircraft-sid-and-star-controller/page-1

I don't know how it is with the default ATC, and it is still a work in progress. I have not had chance to try it myself, but it may be (or develop to be) a far better solution than AI Smooth, and can handle sids & stars, so it might be worth investigating.

Keith

Voxatc traffic can be a bit low in the air at times but when en route in real life how much traffic can you really see? Especially with weather, too easy to bring up an AI teaffic window to see whats around.

With the default, RC, and PFE, en route traffic is not minimal.

I'll be honest dont know why people accept pressing buttons to reply/talk to ATC, we strive for realisim yet were happy to press buttons to communicate, bit 1980's tech nowdays

Because there are people who don't care for talking to computers. Besides, you can talk to both RC and PFE and not use buttons.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

Because there are people who don't care for talking to computers. Besides, you can talk to both RC and PFE and not use buttons.

Only with MCE, but it works very well, and pretty much puts them on equal footing with VOXATC in that regard. I've had RC, and tried VOXATC, but for me I prefer PFE.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

How is it with AI generation? I heard that once you are airborne, there is minimal AI planes.

i would say it does less than the default ai, but i do occaisionalyl see planes around. i keep my voxatc slider density fairly low, however, at 30-40% which gives me a half dozen or so planes at the airports i usually fly at. it might have more if you crank that up.

that works ? didn't know that.

does the fo do it automatically or do you have to press buttons for it ? (e.g. like the fsx atc menu)

like I want another approach or another cruise level ? how to tell the fo to do it ?

if you turn on the FO it basically handles everything, tuning radios, acknowledging instructions, etc. you can still hit the '0' key to bring up the menu to ask for things and then then the FO will do it for you. i actually use this feature a lot with heavy planes to help with the workload right after takeoff

Because there are people who don't care for talking to computers.

hahaha! yeah, actually i thought the idea was kind of silly at first but i found once i tried it that it's quite enjoyable, it makes it alot more immersive than i expected

I downloaded VOXATC demo and gave it a try. I have done 7 flights so far including a transatlantic flight.

OEDFOMDB

OMDBOEDF

KLAXKPHX did it twice

KJFKEGLL

OMDBOERK

EDDKEGCC

Pros:

1. ATC procedures are the best of them all and varies from region to region.

2. It generates its own AI traffic.

3. Ground handling is superb.

Cons:

1. At some airports, it uses only one runway. At OMDB it uses only 30R for takeoff and landing.

2. AI traffic is very poor. I use WOAI and it generates airport traffic very well, but en route is another story. When en route it generates traffic only behind you and very minimal compared to the default even at 100%. On my transatlantic flight, I saw two Cessnas over the Atlantic, 300 miles off Ireland. And all other planes were at flight levels 200 and 230.

I was thinking of buying until I heard that PROATCX update is being released soon. I decided to wait and see how it pan out.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

2. AI traffic is very poor. I use WOAI and it generates airport traffic very well, but en route is another story. When en route it generates traffic only behind you and very minimal compared to the default even at 100%. On my transatlantic flight, I saw two Cessnas over the Atlantic, 300 miles off Ireland. And all other planes were at flight levels 200 and 230.

Naif,

This has always been my only major complaint with VOX. You rarely ever see any traffic enroute. It's especially strange when you're inbound to a major airport where there should be traffic everywhere. Otherwise I like it a lot.

NAX669.png

I suggest that the topic starter includes a survey to this topic with preferences for all ATC addons, in order to see which one is the most chosen.

James Goggi

Last night PFE surprised me with unexpected vectoring to the LEBL runway 20, which has no ILS (not a big deal), and it is shorter than main runways. I suspect it is due to wind, but... runway 20 = mag 200, and the wind was 180@5kts, which is a tailwind? I didn't found any option in PFE to alter wind settings. How RadarContact handles runways and winds?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I suspect it is due to wind, but... runway 20 = mag 200, and the wind was 180@5kts, which is a tailwind?

Tail wind? Think again. It was 20 degrees off the runway heading. 020@5kts would have been a tail wind. :wink:

In that situation I would have requested Rwy 25L with an ILS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Runway 20 is 200 degrees. Runway 02 is 20 degrees. But yes, I should requested another runway.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.