Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Pro-Atc or Radar Contact?

I have use PFE and default ATC. I now use VOXATC.

In my opinion PFE is good, I do miss the natural voices especially around the Caribbean but VOXATC beat then on real world phraseology and stars when following charts.

Also VOXATC has improved the voices lately with some upgrades and on the ground AI traffic control.

Runway 20 is 200 degrees. Runway 02 is 20 degrees.

Yes, so a wind 180@5 is 20 degrees off, not a tailwind, as Ray said. 200-180 = 20. Easy arithmetic.

Perhaps you don't realise that wind is always known by the direction it is coming FROM not where it is going TO! A North wind comes from the North!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Yes, so a wind 180@5 is 20 degrees off, not a tailwind, as Ray said. 200-180 = 20. Easy arithmetic.

Perhaps you don't realise that wind is always known by the direction it is coming FROM not where it is going TO! A North wind comes from the North!

Pete

Ok, so that was a headwind. :lol:

I admit, I always mix up runway heading and wind direction. :blush: Also, shift+z info in FSX shows wind NN Mag @ NNkts. I suppose that is the direction it is coming from? I can recall that I saw somewhere (maybe in some weather addon), that shows the direction the wind is going to.

------------------------

BTW what's wrong with RC4? I installed it again today just to compare it to PFE, and it didn't worked good at all. It didn't gave me vectors after takeoff, only altitude. And when I activated GPS mode to follow flightplan, RC4  said that I don't follow a flightplan, turn heading NN to recieve further directions bla bla! :blink:  What the...? I remember that I didn't had this problem before, or I'm just used to PFE.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Also, shift+z info in FSX shows wind NN Mag @ NNkts. I suppose that is the direction it is coming from?

Yes, it is.

I can recall that I saw somewhere (maybe in some weather addon), that shows the direction the wind is going to.

In that case avoid that software because the author doesn't know what he's doing. Wind is ALWAYS quoted with source, not destination.

BTW what's wrong with RC4?

Not a lot. i use it all the time. it is still the best ATC for me. There are a lot of little niggles, like its impatience, but really it is very professional and realistic.

I installed it again today just to compare it to PFE, and it didn't worked good at all. It didn't gave me vectors after takeoff, only altitude.

Why would you get vectors to folow your flight plan? That's not realistic. You'd only get them if there was a reason to divert, or because your first flight plan waypoint was a long ways off and RC got you to "fly runway heading", then later gave vectors to that first waypoint. With most flight plans there's no need for vectors at that time, nor anytime en route, only on arrival.

And when I activated GPS mode to follow flightplan, RC4  said that I don't follow a flightplan, turn heading NN to recieve further directions bla bla! :blink:  What the...?

Sounds like you missed a waypoint -- probably too far from it before you activated your GPS. You need to pay attention. If you do miss a waypoint try requesting direct to the next one.

Please put your specific RC questions on the RC forum.  There are very helpful people there.

Regards

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

PFE is giving vectors soon after takeoff. It is giving directions to instersect a flightplan.

I usually create a flightplan VOR-to-VOR, so it is very similiar to direct but it has few VORs (waypoints). I really don't know where to put first waypoint when using RC4, with PFE flightplans are good. The differences between two ATC addons are really annoying. I thought that PFE is most realistic, especially because it is giving speed on approaches.

Please put your specific RC questions on the RC forum.  There are very helpful people there.

This questions are related to both addons, and the differences between them. Now I really don't know which ATC addon I OWN is most reallistic, PFE or RC4? Of course both programs have pros and cons, but I'm still convinced that PFE is really good, especially after your explanation of ATC wind&runway assignement.

Is there any way do disable certain runways in PFE? I read somewhere that is possible, but I didn't found the option. The problem is that AI is using shorter runways for takeoff and landing due to wind, and some runways are not used in the real world. Also, runway assignement is connected with weather addons (ASN, Opus, FSGRW, etc), so probably it is the best to disable AI reset due to wind.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

s there any way do disable certain runways in PFE?

Yes. Start PFE. Press sid/star. look for box that says ICAO, type in airport, eg NZCH. Press Enter. Make sure FSX data is selected.

You will see a list of runways. Put an X in the little box to the left to disable that runway for TO or Landing.

B=Both. T=To Only L=Landing Only X= Closed

It is a great feature. PATC has similar, but does not work.

It will stay that way till you change it again.

Make sure you have used "Make Runways" and Runway csv is up to date.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes. Start PFE. Press sid/star. look for box that says ICAO, type in airport, eg NZCH. Press Enter. Make sure FSX data is selected.

You will see a list of runways. Put an X in the little box to the left to disable that runway for TO or Landing.

B=Both. T=To Only L=Landing Only X= Closed

It will stay that way till you change it again.

Make sure you have used "Make Runways" and Runway csv is up to date.

Yes! Thanks! ILS rulzzz. :lol:

Now I really don't know which ATC addon I OWN is most reallistic, PFE or RC4?

RC4 has correct ATC procedures for FAA and non-FAA areas. I don't know if PFE does but that would be a major consideration for me. If you fly in both North America and Europe that's essential for realism.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't know if PFE does but that would be a major consideration for me. If you fly in both North America and Europe that's essential for realism.

They both do Ray. But I do prefer RC4 for NA, (seems better for FAA procedures)  and PFE for rest of world.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

They both do Ray. But I do prefer RC4 for NA, (seems better for FAA procedures)  and PFE for rest of world.

That puts PFE on a par with RC Julian. But RC4 should be as good for non-FAA as the procedures were also given by a professional AT controller. Each to their own of course. :smile:  I've never tried PFE as RC has always suited me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I really don't know where to put first waypoint when using RC4

I am sure there are other ways of doing this but I just use PFPX and export my flight plans to FSX. So when I load them in RC4 it has the same information that is going into the FMC. Sometimes though the FMC shows "vectors" at the start of my flight plan because of the SID I am assuming but I just hand fly the plane to the start of the route if that happens. I don't think that is really how it's supposed to be done but I know VNAV, LNAV won't engage unless you are pretty much heading right for that first way point. 

Maybe RC4 would actually vector me to the first way point on my flight plan after the SID I actually don't think I have tried that. 

That puts PFE on a par with RC Julian. But RC4 should be as good for non-FAA as the procedures were also given by a professional AT controller. Each to their own of course. :smile:  I've never tried PFE as RC has always suited me.

Oh yes, you are quite correct. I prefer PFE in non FAA areas due to the larger variety of accents.

Anyway, Hope I don't have to re install RC4, as I lost my install file when I accidentally deleted it from my external Hdd. :blush:

Just to relate to the topic of this thread, I have just a little while ago, responded to a moderator over at the PRO ATC-X forum that says he tried RC4 and had so many problems, he did not even get out of the airport, so he dumped it in favour of PRO ATC-X.

I have both programs on my rig and have used RC4 for 3 years before trying PATC because of its advertised use of SIDS & STARS. I have made my opinions of PATC and it's developer support pretty clear over there and have and am taking quite a bit of heat for it, so I would be interested in the opinions over here on AVSIM on this comparison.

I have some personal pet peeves with RC4 myself, but who doesn't when it comes to personal preferences.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think RC4 is great. I am pretty sure RC4 recognizes both SIDS/STARS also. Adding the recreated voices was great. It sounds almost like a different program. 

Forget about ATC addons and try online flying....

Once you get in there and become familiar with procedures and communications you'll never fly again without it..

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR