Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Pro-Atc or Radar Contact?

Personally I've written off the 50 Euros I forked out on Pro ATC X and I've come to the conclusion that the update that has been promised for goodness knows how long is not going to appear. :mad:

On the outside it looks like it should deliver the fullest FSX offline, standalone ATC experience yet, but on the inside its full of bugs, omissions and features that simply don't work properly. It can be made to work kind of as you'd expect, but you often need to employ a number of workarounds to get the desired result, workarounds you simply should need to do.

If anyone is thinking of forking out on this program then I suggest you pop over to Pro ATC X's own forum and look at the hard time the moderator (and seemingly only spokesperson for the developer) Rjord is getting from angry and frustrated punters who have paid out the sort of money PMDG ask for their superb products and got nothing like the calibre of software one would expect to receive having paid that much. Yes I realise price does not equal quality, but in the FS addons world I've found that quality does usually come at a price.

• Upvote 1

mourad has never existed,fjord is mourad,look at their forum,there will NEVER be a patch,he has made enogh money,of this program,the reason they keep telling us there is an update on its way,is to keep people continiue buying proatx.TRUST ME!!!

If morad really was a person,and he has made the program,why dont he just come in to the forum with information,about the update,why is it al going trough fjord? have you considered that.Strange right !!! therefore i belive fjord is mourad,and the patch talk is just to keep people contuniue buying proatcx

• Upvote 2

Yep, I've certainly suspected that messifan10.

As an aside, its interesting to note that the two programs that this thread is about, Radar Contact and Pro ATC were written by independent developers. The much anticipated RC 5 has been binned by the developer for personal reasons (quite understandable) and Pro ATC continues to frustrate people with the lack of dialogue and lack of update.

Yet the bigger hitters like Just Flight and Aerosoft who churn out sceneries and aircraft on what appears to be a weekly basis if the EMails I regularly receive are anything to go by, seem unwilling to delve into the development of a fully functioning ATC addon when clearly there is a market for one. I wonder why.

I have been using Pro Flight Emulator (PFE) together with FDC Live Cockpit (FDC) for a number of years now and I can highly recommend them. PFE replaces the default ATC and includes many voice sets with different English accents, taxi guidance system both verbal and visual and many other improvements. FDC acts as a copilot, performing checklists ext. also has cabin crew announcements, again with different accents. You can buy them individualy or together. They have been tweaked to work together.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

There are three very good alternatives to FSX default ATC (RC4, PFE and VOX ATC) and in my opinion, are all way superior to PRO-ATC/X. VOX ATC has just released what I believe is their second updated version in less than 12 months (feel free to correct me if I am wrong), so having "the heavy hitters" getting into the ATC addon business as mentioned earlier, is not really on my wish list.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yep, I've certainly suspected that messifan10.

It took the two of you a while to work that one out, You will never see Rjord and Mourad in the same room together.

This is the second time around for this software, here is the Avsim review for Mourads earlier attempt at an ATC program, this one was also abandoned before it worked properly

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/FSCOM/FSCOM.htm

Compare it to his the latest abandonware project.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/pro-atcx-professional-air-traffic-control-r884

VOXATC is the best voice interactive ATC.  You can choose VFR, IFR, SID's, STARS, select the runway and approach, get enroute holds, weather avoidance, first officer and use any voice(s) you want.  ATC coverage is ATIS to parking.  The newest feature is the "expert" mode.  VOXATC uses its "voice" for ATC with the phrases in words in an on-screen box.  It also gives you the readback you have to say in the same box.  All is current ATC terminology.  But, in expert mode, there is no prompt for the readback, which you must respond to as if you were in VATSIM or actually flying, without any script.  An incorrect response generates a "say again" from ATC until you say it right, just like the real world.  VOXATC also generates its own AI (with your AI aircraft) but the plus is ATC actually controls the planes you see on the ground and in the air.  Sorry to sound like a commercial, but in expert mode it's the best going for actual communications practice as part of getting your license. I've used it for three years and unless on VATSIM, I wouldn't fly without it.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Personally I've written off the 50 Euros I forked out on Pro ATC X and I've come to the conclusion that the update that has been promised for goodness knows how long is not going to appear. :mad:

On the outside it looks like it should deliver the fullest FSX offline, standalone ATC experience yet, but on the inside its full of bugs, omissions and features that simply don't work properly. It can be made to work kind of as you'd expect, but you often need to employ a number of workarounds to get the desired result, workarounds you simply should need to do.

If anyone is thinking of forking out on this program then I suggest you pop over to Pro ATC X's own forum and look at the hard time the moderator (and seemingly only spokesperson for the developer) Rjord is getting from angry and frustrated punters who have paid out the sort of money PMDG ask for their superb products and got nothing like the calibre of software one would expect to receive having paid that much. Yes I realise price does not equal quality, but in the FS addons world I've found that quality does usually come at a price.

I learned my lesson as well. I'll never buy a beta program again.

there wil be an update for proatc in 2022

thats also when the bs, sorry the bbs 320 // 330 is going to be be finished and not prologue too

14ppkc-6.png

No body ever tells you the problems you have installing these programes RC v 4.3 troubel with dll file install

Vox v6.2 Runs with your flight plan some times most times not Vox v 6.3 mostly doesn't work on many comp's

No body ever tells you the problems you have installing these programes RC v 4.3 troubel with dll file install

There is a pinned topic on the RC Forum on how to resolve dll registration. I experienced it myself when I upgraded to Windows 7. It's not difficult to fix and then you have a great ATC program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Vox v6.2 Runs with your flight plan some times most times not Vox v 6.3 mostly doesn't work on many comp's

Do you or have you used either or both of these programs? I used RC4 for several years and found it to be an excellent program. I have since moved on to VOX ATC ( now on v6.34) out of personal preference and find that also to be an excellent program, so go figure.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Reply to wanabflyer

Yes I have had Vox atc when it came on the market (XP) Then had to pay extra for the 6.2 version (W7) 6.3 never worked on my comp Even Tegwtn West could not fathom that out so I rent back to 6.2

I purchased RC4 2 days ago because I had seen good utube vids with it and MCE (Can't get that to work because of dll files even though they are in win32 and win64) so as of yet I have to say no to RC4

Reply to Ray Proudfoot

Thank you yes I have seen that and done what was said But I must be missing something because I still get warning when I try to run flight planner

I shall percivere I shall not be beaten by a silly Computer ( I've been saying that since FSX came out)

Thanls for replies

Mike

Do you or have you used either or both of these programs? I used RC4 for several years and found it to be an excellent program. I have since moved on to VOX ATC ( now on v6.34) out of personal preference and find that also to be an excellent program, so go figure.

I have (and love) RC4, which I use when my wife is sleeping, and have/use VoxATC when she is awake. I think VoxATC is great for keeping in practice with ATC voice communications, be in in normal or expert mode.

I've also purchased Pro-ATC/X and have tried using it numerous times, but too many flaky things have occurred (e.g. directed to a STAR way-point while still climbing in my SID - and Yes, I validated that my generated flight plan was correct) that have led to frustration, so I've stopped using it.

I recently purchased PFE but am still reading the manual (which I have to say is very well written), so I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I have to say that I LOVE RC4! I've yet to have it crash on me (knocking on wood), and it is VERY simple to use. I've read complaints that the voices are too "computerized", but I personally do not think so. In fact, I recently tried out the MeatWater voice packs, but did not like them so I reverted back to the original voices.

Of course, as in any product, there are areas for improvement, but all in all I think RC4 is very solid. Having a wife who has health issues (disabled), I completely sympathize with the author's personal situation, and wish him and his family the best. I also appreciate his honesty with further development being halted. But should he ever decide to resume work on RC4, I will be first in line to purchase the upgrade.