Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Pro-Atc or Radar Contact?

Reply to Ray Proudfoot

Thank you yes I have seen that and done what was said But I must be missing something because I still get warning when I try to run flight planner

I shall percivere I shall not be beaten by a silly Computer ( I've been saying that since FSX came out)

Thanls for replies

The post by Tim Capps solved it for me.  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/265834-713-and-unregistered-dlls/page-4#entry2888786

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I picked up the VoxATC demo and must say, it is the best that I have tried so far.  I have RC4, but it is not installed on my latest system.  I tried the Pilot2ATC demo, but have been very frustrated by communication difficulties.  I don't know if it is the speech processor or the inability to get the precise script.  There is no feed back, so it is difficult to tell what is going on.  Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, you cannot fly in full screen mode and still have the Pilot2ATC screen available.

The only thing that I have noticed with VoxATC is that there are sometimes significant delays in response.  Also, I think that it takes practice to use the expert mode, not because of procedures, but because the supplied voices are difficult to understand sometimes.  I find myself looking at the prompt screen (which is available in full screen mode) just to see what the voice was trying to say.  The setup does allow slowing the voices and changing the volume, but I still have difficulties sometimes.  It is probably a matter of learning the voices.

When I first started flying years ago, I often had difficulties with real ATC, so it is probably the speech processor in my brain that needs adjusting.

Wilson

Wilson,

Regarding the Pilot2ATC speech recognition. I had pretty much the same troubles and what made a huge difference for me was in the Configuration file Voice Recognition tab changing the settings to 50 & 60. Its been almost perfect ever since.   I also ran the windows 7 speech tutorial test or what ever that is called, to be sure the headset and my speech was ok.

Don't have much choice for ATC here, running x-plane. So if you still have some P2ATC demo time you could try again with those higher settings.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Hi, Chuck.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes, I had made the changes to the configuration file in Pilot2ATC, and I have run two tiers of the voice recognition training.  I don't think it is just voice recognition.  It seems that the responses in Pilot2ATC have to be very specific, even though what you say may be acceptable to any ATC.  VoxATC may have the same problem, but the prompt window has made the learning process very easy.  Pilot2ATC has a pop-up help window with all of the phrases, but you have to sift through it to find a particular scenario.  It is definitiely helpful, but not so much so when you are on final and have to pause to find what you are looking for because you didn't get a response from Tower.

BTW, VoxATC also provides for extensive voice recognition. You can actually do a training session for any specific flight plan before running the flight plan.

I sound like an advertisement for VoxATC, but I am not.  I don't even own it yet.  Frankly, I thought that the interface for Pilot2ATC and the functionality were great.  I had anticipated purchasing it, but decided to give VoxATC a try after reading this thread.  It may just be that VoxATC is a more mature product.   I have no doubt that Pilot2ATC will become a very good product.  The author seems very tuned in to his users. 

Hi Wilson,

I agree on the specificity of P2ATC and in the heat of an approach and heading changes I am always worrying that I will not get it right.  Course its a new program with the usual growing pains of such an item. Once I remember some of the common phrases I think I will be much better.

Like you say, support is very very good and looking forward to an update to see how we do. 

Again, unfortunately, I only have two choices X-plane ATC (ugh) and P2ATC (so far so good)...

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

I checked out RC4 at a friend's house.  Not sure if it was a mistake on my part, but at the point in which I was going from enroute to my STAR, it sent me in circles for some reason then stopped responding.  I tried it again later with the same setup, and this time it worked and let me fly my route in working just fine.   One other funny thing I noticed is if you click the "Load APL" (I think thats what it says, I clicked it by mistake), there is no way to exit the file dialog without loading an APL (did not have one) or nuking RC4 in the task manager.   No way to cancel.

I will stick with PFE as  much as I hate it, and try VoxATC.

Im using Pilot2ATC  now it is OK

I think its a guy who helped develop ProATC

I like the fact I can load live atc recordings for the tower/del/ground/dep/arr/center specific to  airports of my choice depending on where I am flying

So while I am being over-vectored on approach as a previous post mentioned (Still a work in progress) at least I am listening to background ATC for arrivals at that airport

and not for an airport 3000 miles away like happens in ProATC-X and RC

And to top it off, it can be today's recordings, or another date and time of your choice, depending on availability

free 14-day trial ...full app which can be updated to latest versions too;     http://pilot2atc.com/pilot2atc/Download

and I just noticed 1.4 is available;

• SID and STAR Support
  • Fly Full Route Feature
  • Some Flight Plan Logic Enhancements
  • Calculate Top of Descent (TOD) and Give Descent Instructions
  • Improved Grammars and Speech Settings

Well lads finaly got the little bugger working after countless hours running around different sites finaly ended up with 2 dll files in 32 and wow64 and now i just need to learn how to use it for GA aircraft flying at no more than 5000 feet

with the new update for Vox that is now working like a dream

Cheers Mike

Well lads finaly got the little bugger working after countless hours running around different sites finaly ended up with 2 dll files in 32 and wow64 and now i just need to learn how to use it for GA aircraft flying at no more than 5000 feet

with the new update for Vox that is now working like a dream

Cheers Mike

Glad you got things sorted.

Enjoy,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It seems tht rc 4 has been leading among all n is maintaining the lead.

not here it aint

not here it aint

Why not, sir?

spacer.png

This is an old topic but I would like to ask now with the new update released for pro-atc, I wanted to ask does pro-atc work well with US airports. The reason I am asking is because US airports don't tend to follow strict SID and STAR rules. 

ATC generally vectors you in and out. Does Pro-atc handle such environments decently enough now ?

Bilal Asif Khan