Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Pro-Atc or Radar Contact?

Could you please explain what you mean by no ground traffic control? On the RC site it says it controls the planes on the ground and keeps them out of your way for a variety of circumstances?

Now with PFE can you get the voices to sound more natural and a ton less robotic with the voice packs? My biggest gripe from just seeing videos of PFE is how robotic all the voices are. If that can be fixed I think I would probably get that instead of RC.

Hm, maybe I mixed thing up, so probably RC does control ground traffic and PFE doesn't. Someone can confirm this?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

RC does not control ground traffic. Not sure about PFE. Never used that.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Radar Contact.

Sure, it's old, but it works very well.

+1.

I have both and quite frankly neither are as good as the default ATC

Sorry but I cannot believ I just read that:  IMHO uterly incorrect, sir, default ATC is HIDEOUS, it's only storng suit being routing trafficon the ground.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Could you please explain what you mean by no ground traffic control? On the RC site it says it controls the planes on the ground and keeps them out of your way for a variety of circumstances?

Now with PFE can you get the voices to sound more natural and a ton less robotic with the voice packs? My biggest gripe from just seeing videos of PFE is how robotic all the voices are. If that can be fixed I think I would probably get that instead of RC.

Neither RC or PFE controls ground traffic per say, FSX AI system does that. They do keep track of ATC commands, and interacts with them, but they don't control them. RC does have the capability of freezing movement of AI if it's in your way. The real difference is how each handles the user aircraft on the ground. With RC, you'll only get clearance to taxi to runway, with no taxi instructions. It just leaves you to find your way with no guidance. This could be an issue with a large unfamiliar airport. PFE will give you specific taxi instructions how to get there. There is also multiple ways it can guide you. One way is a small gauge you have to add to your panel.cfg file, which gives you an arrow pointer telling you which way to turn. With aircraft with FSX MCP gauges (Custom ones like PMDG this will not work) It can use your heading  to direct you. It will set the heading to the direction it wants you to turn on the taxiway. It goes back to original setting after taxi guidance. The most useful and realistic que is audio. Your Virtual FO will direct you on where to turn. This is the one I use most. You can see it demonstrated in the link I posted above.  As for them being robotic, both PFE and RC uses recorded voices. Have you listened to my video above? One of the options if you have the voice pack is to make it sound like radio chatter. This sounds ok in Europe and the rest of the worlds region, but there are a few US voices, that make it sound robotic. Which you would hear on my earlier PFE videos. The one I linked to above I took the option off, and I think it sounds much better, at least in the US region.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think default ATC is great in that it will talk to all traffic, has natural voices, and can be configured to say almost any call sign, airport name, etc (with Editvoicepack X). I really wish a developer could just build on the default ATC and implement SID/STARs, voice recognition, an enlarged voice set, etc.

As for them being robotic, both PFE and RC uses recorded voices. Have you listened to my video above? One of the options if you have the voice pack is to make it sound like radio chatter. This sounds ok in Europe and the rest of the worlds region, but there are a few US voices, that make it sound robotic. Which you would hear on my earlier PFE videos. The one I linked to above I took the option off, and I think it sounds much better, at least in the US region.

Yea I watched the beginning of it. Ok I kinda thought it might be just chatter since what was being said didn't match from what I could tell was going on at the airport.

I am happy with VoxATC.    With a little training and a little extra elbow grease before each flight, it can give you a nice experience.   It's speech recognition is pretty decent.    After only two days of playing with it, it now understands 99.9% of the time, even which I change my tone of voice or accent.    You have to prep it for your SIDS/STARS for each flight if you want it to use that.  If not it will give you vectors in which may or may not be on par with real world landing.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have purchased and used default ATC, PFE, RC4 and Pro-Atc.

DEFAULT ATC is no good.

Rc-4 was rock solid, but became dated. Also! I didn't like the controller's attitude. "You busted your altitude again ..." etc ...

PFE has all the qualities described in this thread.

Pro-Atc was a discovery! It gave me Sids and Stars, a moving map, a flight planner and functional ATC, all in one. Their forum helped me iron out the initial problems and I'm using it on every flight since then. Looking forward to the upcoming update!

Jos

I think default ATC is great in that it will talk to all traffic, has natural voices, and can be configured to say almost any call sign, airport name, etc (with Editvoicepack X). I really wish a developer could just build on the default ATC and implement SID/STARs, voice recognition, an enlarged voice set, etc.

MCE provides voice recognition for default ATC and RC (and PFE ?).

Yea I watched the beginning of it. Ok I kinda thought it might be just chatter since what was being said didn't match from what I could tell was going on at the airport.

No not chatter, that's actual ATC from AI. PFE also has another unique feature. In cases you don't use AI, instead of random recorded radio chatter that you get with other ATC programs like RC, it will simulate a PFE ATC session relevant to the  airport pairs you are flying. For each airport you can assign which airlines the airport serves, the downside is  in the air, you can hear callsigns from any in the world, so you may hear instructions for airlines, that would never fly in your airspace. As been mentioned in another post, MCE works with it, so you can respond with your own voice. (MCE works with RC and ATC default as well, but not PROATC-X)

MCE provides voice recognition for default ATC and RC (and PFE ?).

Yes it works with PFE as well, but not PROATC-X

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Pro-ATC doesn't use the phonetic alphabet!!!!!!!!!!

PFE has ground directions, SIDs and STARs, Atlantic tracks etc. All of these programmes have their pros and cons. PFE gets a little behind at busy airports e.g telling you to line up before it gives take-off clearance to the a/c already on the rwy. (a fix for that 1.If you have multiple cores asign it to a core that's not running your sim. 2. Set priority above normal.) now PFE runs up to speed.

I have been using PFE For two years and it is the best available IMHO.

That being said, PROATC X is the best if you wanna use SID and STARS and it is a finished program. It has a flight planner and a moving map as well. It falls short in two areas. 1. You can not request another runway unless there are another SID or STAR. 2. It doesn't interact with AI planes. The developer has promised a new update with a new code, which is supposed to be released this week or the next.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

One of the biggest issues I have with PROATC-X is the inconsistencies of the verbiage between voices, particularly callsigns. This is sort of a self inflicted wound, as they provided a tool for users to add and share voice packs to the program. On the surface this is a very commendable feature. The problem is though, you lose quality control. So one voice may recognize you as "DELTA 1191" while another may say "DAL 1191" or just 1191.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!