Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Pro-Atc or Radar Contact?

You guys are crazy for not flying online

Unless every airport around with more than 500000 pax/year around the globe gets staffed 24/7 by online controllers, I never will.

The good thing about ATC add-ons is that they support my flight whenever and wherever I want.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I agree with Bjoern. Even the attitude of the FS ATC is nice.

I know this may sound a little strange, but if JDs reasons to quit coding are financial, how about some sort of voluntary pre pay contribution from anyone wishing to get things moving? I for am more than willing!

I know this may sound a little strange, but if JDs reasons to quit coding are financial, how about some sort of voluntary pre pay contribution from anyone wishing to get things moving? I for am more than willing!

It's not related to money(that I have heard anyway).  It is about time with his family!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Ah well, that's a fair one and not something we can do anything about;-)

Hi all,

Wow looks like I started a right good conversation going on here. Sorry I haven't been back for a few days but enjoyed reading through all your comments, thank you all for taking the time to aire your thoughts and for your inputs.

Yeah I think Online, while it might be more accurate, suffer's from not having total coverage, and I like to fly where I want to, not where people are on duty at the time. I don't want to have to make sure all my charts and nav data are all up to date all the time, for one it becomes costly after a while. So I prefer to update stuff like this just once a year if possible. So online isn't really for me.

The other programs all seem fairly complete but all miss including all the information required to complete a full flight but all miss out different parts of the ATC experience............Shame really! I didn't even know about PFE from Aerosoft.............Learnt something else there then!!

I could probably live with the default if it was possible to get the ATIS info for the destination at a reasonable distance from the destination so that I could still program my arrival and STAR into the FMC, I have had instances where the ATIS information hasn't been picked up on the radio's until after the start of a STAR. But the fact that default doesn't take into account the winds means you get assigned a runway with a tailwind sometimes, and that's just wrong!!!!!!

Last few flights I have been ignoring the ATC all together and just setting up my own arrival based on the REX Metar details for the destination, but then you find the AI traffic taking off or landing the wrong way!!! so still can't win.

I must admit to not having considered the fact that some programs you have to set up the ATC prior to starting the flight, I was hoping for something that once my route had been saved and set up would just allow me to fly using the info from the saved route, just like the default does. 

Someone commented on the fact that they couldn't believe with all the high fidelity aircraft that we have now, PMDG, Majestic, etc along with Scenery addon's and weather from REX and Active sky that there isn't a high quality ATC program to tie it all together, that would really be awesome...............It seems to be the one area which has been ignored by almost everyone, and I have to agree with the poster's comments on this one.

So I guess for now I'm still on the fence on this one. I'll keep looking through the YouTube clips and study some more info on this subject. Hopefully someone will just turn up out of the blue and say, look what I did!

Anyway thanks again guys and girls for your comments. Look forward to reading any more you might have. 

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

HI,

I really think you should try Radar Contact, if IFR flights are your thing. You can tune on arrival airport early to get the info on the weather conditions (by default, it will tune around 40NM from final).

Now, I hardly ever follow STARS (unless on difficule approaches) and let Radar Contact guide me (as in real life actually).

Happy flying,

Olivier

PS: I do not have any relation to Radar Contact team, I am just saying this because this is soooo much better than default ATC

HI,

I really think you should try Radar Contact, if IFR flights are your thing. You can tune on arrival airport early to get the info on the weather conditions (by default, it will tune around 40NM from final).

Now, I hardly ever follow STARS (unless on difficule approaches) and let Radar Contact guide me (as in real life actually).

Happy flying,

Olivier

PS: I do not have any relation to Radar Contact team, I am just saying this because this is soooo much better than default ATC

That's a plug if ever I saw one!

All the ATC programes plus on-line have pros and cons, with the default having the most cons. The worst being that it is totally unacceptable outside the confines of N. America.

Watch this space! I'm putting together a video which includes the use of PFE which shows it working at its best.

That's a plug if ever I saw one!

All the ATC programes plus on-line have pros and cons, with the default having the most cons. The worst being that it is totally unacceptable outside the confines of N. America.

Watch this space! I'm putting together a video which includes the use of PFE which shows it working at its best.

PFE might meet all the functional standards but it sounds like crap.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just to comment on what Guenseli has said about proatcx......... there are people in the forum including myself who provide help to those who have questions to ask. So I disagree with the statement that there is no support.

The developer is currently working on completing the next version of proatcx and hopefully we will see it released soon. From my understanding the next version will be well worth waiting for.

I have personally used proatcx myself since july 2012 and have recorded voices for the pilots, copilots and controllers heard in proatc.

There are issues with proatc but most of them have workarounds which are mentioned in the forum.

Roy

Roy the thing that gets me is why a developer would do this to ruin his reputation? I own pro atc x and I like the progrqm for what it is but user to user support and the dev not showing in the forums notvproviding updates etc.. is it worth it? If next update comes out that will be great but its still speculation and what if hes still not around to offer support after release? If I was looking to purchase the program now j7st for those reasons I would go with someone else..

Kacper Nowotynski

That statement is well over the top!! Especially as it is the one ATC programme that is widely regarded to have the best and least robotic voices.

There are plenty of people here who say they have both RC4 and PFE so what they need to do is a comparison flight

That statement is well over the top!! Especially as it is the one ATC programme that is widely regarded to have the best and least robotic voices.

There are plenty of people here who say they have both RC4 and PFE so what they need to do is a comparison flight

I'm sorry to break this to you but my wife have been a speech therapist for over 15 years. We went over all of the ATC add-ons available and compared them all with RC being the most accurate. I also have a degree in sound engineering, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to tell the difference either.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

As most on here will know, it's rare for me to react to posts like this, but the above statement doesn't just sound "like crap", it IS crap!

i have most ATC products released for FS9 & FSX. I've had each one since its initial release.

Excluding default ATC, PFE is BY FAR the least robotic sound.  It also includes a multitude of accents.

• Upvote 1