Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

The Duke - One Last Time

KCHO to Elmira, NY.

I love this livery... Now back to tube liners,

Say it ain't so Tom!  If you are serious then send it to me.  I'll keep it healthy and flying!

Many IRL tube liner pilots fly such GA in their leisure time.  I ride with one occasionally.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Say it ain't so Tom!  If you are serious then send it to me.  I'll keep it healthy and flying!

Many IRL tube liner pilots fly such GA in their leisure time.  I ride with one occasionally.  

Miscommunication... I meant, now back to taking images of tube liners, not stopping my flying with the Duke.

Great shots.  This beauty--and this livery in particular--is a work of art inside and out and has become my new favorite.  

I did a flight from KGJT to KSLC last night and during the final on runway 34L I had the most intense "suspension of disbelief" experience I've ever had with FSX.  A gentle crosswind that I could both hear and feel, the perfect ambience of the instrumentation lighting and windshield reflections, the way the landing lights lit up the asphalt as I crossed the threshold and the gentle bump and squeak of the tires as I touched down...I know it sounds silly, but it was was almost religious.  It's amazing how much the sounds amplify and bring a sense of immediacy to the whole experience.

I thought it was impossible to top the Lancair, but RealAir has done just that.  I don't know how they could top this.

Richard P. Kelly

So that was you Tom I saw coming in on Rwy 24. I go by KELM almost every day. Nice storyboard of images.

Where's my cursor?  :lol:

Good stuff!  Great plane! 

Tube, what?

Scott

Hey I bought a Duke just like that ... some guy on the internet sold it to me.  I like the mix of trees in #2, is that fairly accurate for the area?

Hey I bought a Duke just like that ... some guy on the internet sold it to me.  I like the mix of trees in #2, is that fairly accurate for the area?

Relatively speaking, yes. In reality, there is a bit more asphalt, a couple of shopping centers,  and homes to the east (as in the image), but that is reasonably accurate in terms of trees at this time of year. I suspect the imagery used to create this was not up to date, as it does not reflect those. However, the first image, which shows the reservoir, bridge and the road heading toward the airport (Earlysville Road) is accurate and very much VFR landmarks for those familiar with the approach to CHO RWY 3.