Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

New PC possibility hurry up or wait?

What do you think everyone?

Alienware has the new Aurora with the i7 Ivy Bridge 4960X, 12 mb cache, 6 cores OC to 4.1 and the GeForce 780 with 3 GB GDDR5. Should I jump for it or wait for the Haswell next year?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

How about get Haswell now? 

Well, I can't build one, I have to wait for an already made one...I'm not as clever as a lot of you here!

Lee B)

Lee H

It will not be cost effective but it will work as good as it gets. But honestly, if I can build a rig, your dog can too (unless that's you, then you can build it too)

:lol:

I just ordered one of those except my specs are 15 GB, 6 cores 4.3 Overclocked. It's certainly more expensive than building one on your own but I also don't know much about computer hardware so it was worth it to me to have somebody else build it and everything.

The only thing about it is there is better RAM out there that has been brought to my attention so I might swap out the RAM it comes with and get the faster RAM. I though am still not exactly sure how much of an improvement I will see with the faster RAM so I think I will try it with the RAM that it has and see if it works good enough.

My dog is too lazy, he'd rather I get an already built one.

I am seeing some things on the Haswell chip producing more heat. That will present some new design problems, true?

Lee

Lee H

My dog is too lazy, he'd rather I get an already built one.

I am seeing some things on the Haswell chip producing more heat. That will present some new design problems, true?

Lee

Keep in mind that 4.1Ghz in the 4630X is not really a true overclock. It's just turbo boost so will not reach 4.1GHz at full load 

At Jetline Systems for example you can configure a Haswell I5 @ 4.2GHz + GTX780 for $2270 

You only need to worry about temps at 4.4 - 4.5GHz and above with Haswell

Very cool dog by the way  ^_^

I think I will wait for a Haswell until the early part of next year when more options are available. There will be some good stuff on the market then and a few choices.

:P

Lee

Lee H

I was in the same dilemma and decided to pick up the current i7 4770K.  You can always say something better will come along... that is the curse of computer hardware.  Good luck in whatever you choose.  Current Haswell or not they are great processors.

No one builds them like JETLINE!   I have mine for over 3 years now, and Greg at Jetline in Florida builds them exclusively for FSX.  I've had smooth frames and sliders to the right now for those 3 years, and I feel sorry for all the people who have so many problems that I've never had.   Not only is it built right for this hobby, but the service is first rate....understandable technicians....and absolutely INSTANT when you need it.

Please check out Jetline Systems whether you decide to get one or not.  You'll be amazed at what they can do.  

Stan,   just a happy customer.