Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

EZDOK 1.17 Application Errors

Has anyone running EZDOK 1.17 noticed that during an FSX flight the the Windows Application log will have hundreds if not thousands of errors for EZDOK?

These errors are recorded continuously and never let up as long as FSX / EZDOK are running.  

The nature of these errors are probably due to EZDOK 1.17 using DMA (Direct Memory Access) as they indicate an attempt to write to an invalid memory address.

Also, it may be due to running EZDOK on a 64bit OS which would make sense as the memory address space is mapped differently.

The thing is that EZDOK seems to run OK in the sim but all these errors makes me wonder if there is some performance impact.

Anyway, I am seriously considering to give OPUS another try and removing EZDOK although it is an essential FSX addon IMO.

Any feedback regarding this would be appreciated.

UPDATE - After rolling back to EZDOK 1.15 the Application logs have been clear so we are sticking to that version for now.  Besides,  using DMA is something out of the 80's and is not a current programming standard.  Still going to give OPUS another go however.

Thanks

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Add On Developer's Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Besides,  using DMA is something out of the 80's and is not a current programming standard.

That is the funniest damn thing I've read in a while.

"DMA. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Funny, but on the EZ-Dok Web page (if you can call it that), the latest version is 1.16.0. Where did you get version 1.17?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So, does it work, and are there all of the errors as posted by jjjallen?  I've been running 1.15 with no problems, and no one has ever sent out an upgrade notice for this software.  Amazing!

-= Gary Barth =-

I never found a 1.16 version of EZDOK.  the current version on FLIGHT1 is 1.15 but you can get the 117 upgrade on the EZDOK forum page although now I don't recommend it.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Jim, I switched to Opus cams quite some time ago, and noticed a 10% increase in performance by dropping Ezydok. And is one less DLL loading in FSX.

Make sure you download the latest beta. There has been many fixes and improvements since you may have tried it last.

Stephen is up front with support. As Opus use real accelerometer data for DHM, it is a lot more realistic IMHO.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That's interesting, i have 1.17 and i don't have that errors in event viewer during all flights.

I have some erros related to Ezdok, but from August. I have checked simconnect and FSUIPC logs for errors in August, and deleted all leftovers from dll.xml and xml.exe. No errors and logs since then.

BTW, 1.16 is official update and 1.17 can be found in forums only

Jim, I switched to Opus cams quite some time ago, and noticed a 10% increase in performance by dropping Ezydok. And is one less DLL loading in FSX.

Make sure you download the latest beta. There has been many fixes and improvements since you may have tried it last.

Stephen is up front with support. As Opus use real accelerometer data for DHM, it is a lot more realistic IMHO.

Does OPUS work with TrackIR?

-= Gary Barth =-

I don't have Opus. I'm using 1.17, and have had no errors at all.  I'm running WIN8, TrackIR 5, Active Sky 2012.

I've had version 1.17 for a while now, maybe three months or more.

Rod

Rod Beck

Very interesting that no one else gets the errors that I'm seeing. I guess that some more testing is in order.

One question are you guys with 1.17 running a 64bit OS?

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

No errors at this end and I've been running v1.17 since it became available 3 years ago. And if you're not using the latest version, then you're missing out on several nice features only available in the latest version.

JJ