Sign in to follow this  
steve00961

Anyone run fsx with a i5 4.2ghz proc?

Hello people. Just wondering what what results people are getting from FSX with the above spec processor. Considering getting a haswell built machine built to order overclocked to 4.2ghz with 16GB ram and will have a nvidia 560 2gb GC. Im pretty clued up to pc's but wondering if I will see a major improvememnt going from an i7 8xx 3.2ghz.

Hi Steve,

I run FSX on an i5 3.2 ghz with no overclocking, and 16 GB ram, with a 2GB ATI graphics card, have done for over 3 years, with loads of addons, ALL orbx sceneries and airports, rex HD, with sliders almost maxed out, frames set at 30, with pretty good results generally, so you should be good with your specs!

Cheers,

Mal (UK)...

Hazwell overclock according to NickN is as follows:

@ 4.1 you can expect the same performance as a SB running 4500, no problem!

@ 4.5 you can expect the same performance as a SB running 5GHz, no problem!

@ 4.8 you can expect the same performance as a SB running 5.3+GHz, no problem!

So at 4.2 you are going to get the same performance as SB (i5-2500K) running at 4.7 GHZ.   That will give you a very nice boost over the 3.2 i7 that you are running now as that chip is not as fast as the SB at the same clock speed. Remember that FSX performance (FPS) is linked almost directly to process speed.  Having said that you still want to get a high end video card if it is in the budget.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Lovely job thanks for that. I run on a network of two pc's and originally was upgrading the client pc but now thinking of using the main pc as client and blowing a few quid on a built to order overclocked machine for the processor reason you have mentioned. Will be using my current 560ti 2gb graphics card in the new machine.

Hi Steve,

I run FSX on an i5 3.2 ghz with no overclocking, and 16 GB ram, with a 2GB ATI graphics card, have done for over 3 years, with loads of addons, ALL orbx sceneries and airports, rex HD, with sliders almost maxed out, frames set at 30, with pretty good results generally, so you should be good with your specs!

Cheers,

Mal (UK)...

Hi Mal. Yes I do not get bad performance but is a bit stuttered on the ground with uk2000 scenery and settings only half way. Thought what the hell and and get an even higher spec machine while I can.