Sign in to follow this  
shermank

dx10 white outs.

Hi all... .I won't take up to much of your time with description, other than to say the screenshots show my problem. This is with the paid version of fixer. I have also posted for help on Steve's blog...thanks.

Sherm

There are a number of tools which are available in the DX10 ToolBox, Sherm, and are described in the manual - pages 53 - 54 - 55. 

Which DC-3 is this?

Forget it! I answered my own question, as I have it. I'll take a look and get back to ya fast as I can run!

peej

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yup - works pretty much fine - just the prop-shafts immediately behind the hubs which are missing - and that should be fixable, too. Right now - all you need to do is to use the ToolBox and Tag each of the aircraft, one at a time - meaning (in this case) you will browse to the folder - "MAAM-SIM DC-3 Cargo" and it will be done. ok!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi all....first the airport is KUGN, in Waukegan Illinois, about 20 miles North of my home. Some years ago, I trained at Stick and Rudder Flying Club....in a Cessna 152...some of the most liberating times of my life. As it turns out, I could not get past the Flight Surgeon because of a prexisting medical condition, and much to the relief of my wife. Looking back, I probably would have ended up in the great beyond....so, now it is FSX exclusively.

But, back to the problem. Thanks for the specific suggestions. I got a similar one about reducing bloom to 25% from Steve at his blog. But, aside from that, I have really bollixed things....using DX10 mode, I get CDT. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my config.sys, but I am back to DX9. 

I made this mess, so it is my responsibility to fix it. But, are there things which I should add to or delete from config.sys. And, what about the shaders folder. Before starting with Steve's program, I had been experimenting with a number of shader varieties. I wonder whether that is my core problem. Would it help to get back to the original default shaders in FSX. I think they are long gone....(yes, I should have backed them up)...if the originals are needed, can someone share them, or will I have to go back to the original installation disks and see whether I can find them. Thanks for bearing with me on this. I really to appreciate it.

Sherm

Here they are, Sherm...

I have only two left, so try not to lose it again!   :lol:

Don't forget to delete the shaders cache folders.

(C:\Users\{ your username here }\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\)

All the Best,

pj

thanks for sharing, Paul....sadly, to no avail...still CDT in DX10 mode....I noticed something in fsx.cfg

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432
D3D10=1

I am not sure whether this is a connection, but there is no DX10.dll in my FSX folder. I do have this...

d3d9_2.dll

Might this have some bearing. Again, thank you for your generous help.

Sherm

OK.... The entries in the cfg are normal, Sherm. The d3d9_2.dll should have no interaction with DX10.

There may be a d3dx10_34.dll and a reald3dx10_34.dll in the FSX root, as well as an ENB (leftover files) or SweetFX files - which will stop FSX from launching - but will not cause a CTD.

Would you do a couple of things, please?

1). Copy and paste your fsx.cfg, renaming the copy as "Sherm_fsx.txt", and then attache it to your next reply (by using the "More Reply Options" post window at the bottom right).

2). Windows 7 has a "Snipping Tool" in "Programs"->"Accessories". Use this and take a snip of your fsx root folder, please, and publish it somewhere and then put a link to it here. If you don't have a place to publish it on - here's a good one that's very, very simple.. :- http://postimg.org/

Thanks,

peej

OK Peej.....here is the link to 

http://postimg.org/gallery/6jl592ms/17a16e75/

I copied the snipping tool to an rtf file, but that would not upload to postimage in that formt. So, I took two irfan screenshots of the FSX root directory. I hope it is clear enough to figure out what is there...if not, I will try something else...as for the fsx.cfg, it is attached. Thanks...and thanks to Steve, who I know is following the thread here...you guys are the best!!!

Paul, you and Steve have been so generous with your time and advice. I am a bit embarrassed to tell you that I am going to have to do a repair or reinstall of FSX and my basic addons of Rex and ftxg.....I am not sure what happened after my latest post. But, somehow, I get only landscape, with no aircraft in the initial boot up screen and, when I load to a saved situation, it appears more or less empty. It is as an American comedian used to say, a fine kettle of fish I have gotten myself into. Anyway, I will let you know how things turn out. Sometimes a good cleaning out is the best thing. Sort of an FSX colonic, I guess...again, thanks..

Sherm