Sign in to follow this  
RafikPokrovskyMD80

FS Labs A320 Dev Update

I would appreciate if you can switch over from the A320 and build the A340 serious......please!

I understand that you would like this particular aircraft covered, but from a sales standpoint I don't see it as making sense. I in no way speak for the FSL development team, but it seems that something like the A340 may suffer from PMDG MD11 syndrome. A slow aircraft that's not incredibly popular would probably result in poor sales, the driving force behind all flight sim development. 

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

I'm in agreement with Eli here.

Whilst we both are testers - and I understand this will look extremely suspicious now; I urge you not to read it that way - my personal opinion is that an A340 just won't have that market drive. I cannot speak on the plans of Lefteris, Andrew and the rest of the dev team at FSL as to what they want, but IMO an A340 is a poor aircraft to bring to market. It's popularity (that small amount it had) is quickly waning due to poor speed, fuel economy etc.  If I was the boss, I'd be doing the A320 family, A330 and variants and then move onto the A350 ;)

Laughably, I'll actually be stepping onto my first A340 flight on Friday and hope that Finnair have USB to charge my phone on the long journey over to Osaka.  :lol:

The responce I received was surprisingly huge, hardly any even knew or bothered with scenery addons etc, all they wanted was a base platform and a high fidelity sim to assist with studying the FCOM.

Same deal with all the real world pilots I know personally, those that use FS don't fly from A-B pretending to be an airline pilot, they use it as a tool to brush up on certain things before the 6 monthly sim check or a chance to investigate more because time is limited in the sim. And I won't even bother getting into the potential for selling a CBT to airline, the market is potentially huge for high grade study sims.

Regards

This is basically all I use FSX for. I have no scenery add-ons, no airport changes, no ATC plug ins, no additional AI traffic, nothing. I use only the highest fidelity aircraft add-ons I can find (PMDG, FSLabs, RealAir, Majestic et al) because I want to know how aircraft work, how they react. I fly for a VA, because sometimes it adds a different dimension to it, but otherwise, why would anybody want to use such an old and poor platform?

We service an Air France A340 at CYUL, and during a walkaround I even heard the Captain complaining to the aircraft engineer about the plane he had to fly lol.

I hate 'em.

I'd say the A340s will stay around for longer. http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_10_04_2013_p0-624039.xml And while it's not the main focus of this thread, I'd love to have a A340-600 in the sim. :wub: I think X-Plane has that, no?

If FSL finishes their Airbus core structure, they could expand. Don't ask me about the year though. :Peace:

I'd say the A340s will stay around for longer. http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_10_04_2013_p0-624039.xml And while it's not the main focus of this thread, I'd love to have a A340-600 in the sim. :wub: I think X-Plane has that, no?

If FSL finishes their Airbus core structure, they could expand. Don't ask me about the year though. :Peace:

Strangely enough a lot of my recent trips have been on the A340-600, great machine. The problem with the A340-200/300 was the decision to strap 4 hairdryers to each wing.

Rob Prest

The problem with the A340-200/300 was the decision to strap 4 hairdryers to each wing.

They're actually referred to as the Airbuses with 5 APUs

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The problem with the A340-200/300 was the decision to strap 4 hairdryers to each wing.

It wasn't really a decision though, IAE cancelled their Superfan and Airbus had to scramble for a replacement engine. Had it been built as intended, maybe things would be different.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Strangely enough a lot of my recent trips have been on the A340-600, great machine. The problem with the A340-200/300 was the decision to strap 4 hairdryers to each wing.

Question. Does one say to each wing in that case? I had a picture of 8 engines in my head for a second. :mellow: ^_^ B-52 conversion.

Regarding great machines. Absolutely agree. I'd say that the 747-8i also is a decent one while its fate is more or less dictated by how large the 777X concepts and orders can/will get. Well, and the actual entry of service of course.

Still, the sim offers the pleasure of operating even the not so successful ones. That's with having in mind that lovely MD-11 for example.

Well, it was meant as a side topic. Reading that FSL is getting closer to put out the first of their Airbus lineup (they are planning for more, right?) is great news.

I reread my post, saw I had already been quoted so decided to leave it ;)

I sure hope FSLABS are planning to do the whole lineup. Aerosoft too, the more the better!

Rob Prest

I stopped reading when they said they are still in ALPHA. What a disaster. Good luck getting that anytime in 2014... And all for a release of an A320, something already out by 2 developers who do a pretty decent job. BBS and Aerosoft. Why a 3rd A320? By the time FSL gets released Airbus and BBS will have A330s and A340s. That would be like PMDG spending all these years working hard on a 767... only to realize Level D has a competing version

Maybe if you had kept reading, David, you'd have found the answer to your question as to why we're producing a high fidelity, realistic simulation of the A320. See here.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

As much of an Airbus fan and follower I am, I am also a simmer who has his own specific definition of realism, and the Aerosoft jobbie is ticking those boxes at the moment.   Of course as and when the FSL is ever released I will be as excited as the next man to see what it offers *in the flesh* and will abandon all loyalty, and 'jump ship' if it gives more of the things that I value. :P

i agree completely, although the aerosoft isn't bug free, it is a well done product at this stage and completely usable and immersive. i like realism but i also really appreciate the checklist and co-pilot functions they have which make it easier to learn. at the 29.99 price pcaviator had it for, it was a no brainer for me.

I stopped reading when they said they are still in ALPHA. What a disaster. Good luck getting that anytime in 2014... And all for a release of an A320, something already out by 2 developers who do a pretty decent job. BBS and Aerosoft. Why a 3rd A320? By the time FSL gets released Airbus and BBS will have A330s and A340s. That would be like PMDG spending all these years working hard on a 767... only to realize Level D has a competing version

Disaster?

What is it with you people and your thought process of "if it's not out in X time it's a total fail lolz" ?

They haven't given a release date, so there's no disaster, tragedy, or affront to human society.

I think an A380 will be extremely popular!

I'm looking forward to the P3D version for my home cockpit