Sign in to follow this  
RafikPokrovskyMD80

Free : New version of Dino Cattaneo F-35 with TacPac

Dino Cattaneo’s F-35 Lightning II (freeware) is definitely a must-have, and now even more since the new update adds the VRS TacPac support. It requires Vertical Reality Simulation’s Tacpack module.

Compatible weapons and functions have been added along the weapon configurator, with improved afterburner effects and heat shimmer effects.

I bow in your dust Dino! Another outstanding aircraft I'm sure!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It's a beautiful aircraft when combined with TacPack. Despite the statements on Dino's blog about certain Tacpack features not being fully supported, the implementation is actually terrific and worth a donation. This is one of the only very few sim aircraft that I wish that I also could fly in RL. It's that good.

The one drawback that I want to point out is that to use the F35, you have to have your maximum texture set at 4096 in FSX.cfg and keep checking, because in-game changes to any FSX setting will change it back to 1024. That's really a very minor issue, though.

It also works fine with P3d, except you just don't get the live weapons features.

I don't know if all of you caught the statement in the F35 manual that DirectVoice control of the aircraft by the pilot is a planned improvement.

Probably a stupid question but is there any kind of documentation somewhere that tells me how to use the Tacpack function with the F-35?

Probably a stupid question but is there any kind of documentation somewhere that tells me how to use the Tacpack function with the F-35?

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_Documentation

It covers only VRS's own aircraft the FA-18 "Bug", but the concepts are the same for Dino's planes. If you have TacPack installed, the F-35 will automatically recognize it.