Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Freeware New Doha airport released

Downloading! ....... Qatar 777 here we come  :smile:

Downloading! ....... Qatar 777 here we come   :smile:

Looks good as Payware Dave. Downloading now.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Its pretty nice but why am I having plateau issues with this? Its at the very top of my scenery list. I also have the altitude patch installed btw.

jbcyX8Naftex4k.jpg

jbgDBpitOA3Xd9.jpg

Its pretty nice but why am I having plateau issues with this? Its at the very top of my scenery list. I also have the altitude patch installed btw.

Your altitude patch isn't installed correctly: Exactly what I saw before I placed the *.bgl in the correct folder ...

And ... yes: It's very much worth downloading.

How do you install it to FSX?

Unzip the download and then try this:

Scenery installationMove the "QATAR" folder into your FSX Addon Scenery folder.1. First add Doha_Landclass folder to your FSX library.2. Second add Doha folder to your FSX library.Note that "Doha" should on top of "Doha_Lanclass" once added!

from the Readme.txt file that comes with the scenery.

In case you need assistance adding sceneries to the scenery library: Go to settings -> Scenery Library on the FSX main screen. Somewhere on the right you will find a button labelled Add Scenery. Click that button, and browse to <Your FSX directory>\Addon Scenery\QATAR. Select (not open) the Doha_Landclass folder and click the "Add" (or whatever it is labelled, I'm not sure right now) - in case you're a Win7 user, nothing will happen; instead you will have to click on the white space in the dialog box, which will then close, and the folder should appear in your Scenery Library.

Proceed the same way for the Doha folder.

I hope that helps.

Best regrads,

Can someone give me quick step by step instructions on how to change the ICAO code to OTHH so I can have this side by side with OTBD?

Also how can I rename the VOR, it is incorrectly labeled DXB

Thanks.

I hate to revive an old thread, but I would like to know how to change the ICAO code as well. The airport is great, but with new updated traffic my AI is looking for OTHH and has nowhere to land!

I hate to revive an old thread, but I would like to know how to change the ICAO code as well. The airport is great, but with new updated traffic my AI is looking for OTHH and has nowhere to land!

Christophe has provided an updated BGL which you can get here. http://www.christophebouville.com/?page_id=1151

Whilst on the subject after I installed that new BGL for the updated ICAO I was getting bleed-through on the runways. After a lot of head scratching I found the problem.

The airport elevation with the original OTBD_ADEX_CB.BGL is 16.4ft but with OTHH_ADEX_CB.BGL it's only 16.0ft.

I used ATX to change the airport elevation and this solved the problem. I've written to Christophe and he may issue a patch if he agrees with my findings.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Where can I find new afcad for othh so that I can have ai traffic at the airport?

It is pay ware quality airport but completely empty of traffic.

Ash Nerurkar

I know this is the FSX forum, but has anyone succeeded to install this scenery in P3D?

Thanks. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Hi,

Anyone have the updated .BGL file, it seems like  Christophe's website is down, so can't get the file with OTHH as ICAO

>ENKB