Sign in to follow this  
kenfly

saitek throttle wont work in windows 7

Hi there, been using proflight yoke & tq on a vista pc ok. just got a new pc windows 7, yoke works ok but tq does not. tq works on test panel and in settings but not in fsx. return from fsx to settings, no settings there.

Need Help please.

kenfly.

Verify that your throttle axis is active in the controller settings menu.  If you are using FSUIPC you can set your axis accordingly through the interface.

\Robert Hamlich/

Thank you Robert for your reply. My throttle axis is active in settings menu, when i go into fsx does not work. Go back to settings and it is not there.

Yoke works fine.

Okay but have you assigned the throttle axis in controller settings?

Setting up your axes is very similar, except this is handled on the Control Axes page of Controls. Again, make sure the Yoke is selected in the Controller Type menu. Keep in mind the quadrant is seen as part of the Yoke, so it still needs to be selected if you are making changes to the levers. For example, to set Mixture Axis to one of the levers, double click the entry in the Event Column called Mixture Axis, and then move your lever of choice. When the axis designation appears, click ok to confirm.

You can expand upon this setup by purchasing and installing the USB version of the Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant. The USB quadrant is detected by the PC and FSX as an individual controller and hence can work with other flight controllers. This enables you to configure your setup for Multi-Engine flight.

For Multi-Engine flight, go to Settings > Controls > Control Axes. Configure the Yoke Throttle Quadrant first, so select Yoke from Controller Type. Then set the levers to the axes using the change assignment function. In Flight Sim the Throttle Axis will control all the engines on a Jet equally. Individual engine controls can also be assigned. These are listed as Engine 1 Throttle axis and Engine Throttle 2 etc. Follow the Axis assignment procedure to get the throttles assigned. When the first Quadrant is set, switch to the USB Throttle Quadrant entry in Controller Type, and repeat the assignment process for the remaining engine throttle controls.

Reverse Thrust can be assigned to the reverser buttons on your throttle quadrant. To do this go to the Buttons/Keys page and select the appropriate quadrant option in Controller Type. Now scroll down the event list until you reach Throttle Decrease Quickly. Select it and assign your preferred reverser button to it. Depending on personal preference you may want to increase the repeat setting.

You then need to make sure that the levers have the correct sensitivity and null zone settings. Go to the Calibration page and select the Yoke in Controller Type and then select Advanced Controls. Make sure that all the axes set to your levers are at 100% Sensitivity and 0% Null Zone other wise the levers will not travel through their full range of movement in the Sim. Switch to the USB quadrant and repeat the process. You will now be set for multi engine flight. The most important things to remember are that you have the right control device selected in the Settings menu when making your assignments, and that the calibration settings are correct. The yoke calibration should be set as:

Aileron – Sensitivity 75%, Null Zone 5%

Elevator – Sensitivity 75%, Null Zone 5%

Source:  http://www.saitek.com/uk/supp/yokefsx2.html

\Robert Hamlich/

Thank you Robert for your reply and time, I have done all the settings and testing all ok, but will not work when in fsx flight. could it be drivers or windows 7 . The yoke works ok but not the throttle

Thanks again Kenfly.

attait works correctly, infact logitech attack 3 and ch pro peddal started giving me problems, mine is windows 7 32 bit.

Thanks Robert for your reply. Problem solved. On set up panel, buttons & keys, All events panel drop down, click on engines. Now works ok. (what  an idiot)

Thanks again,

Kenfly.

Glad to hear that you got the issue sorted out.  I fear having to reinstall FSX, addons and redo all the settings that are needed to make it work and as you know there are many, I don't think you are an idiot.

Take care,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/