Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

MD-11F Cargo door positions for GSX

Hi,

Anyone still using GSX v1.7 or lower??? If so read on...

Can someone do me a favor and provide the xml expression that are listed in the aircraft/door customization dialogs on GSX v1.7 or prior?

I am searching for the custom door position/XML variable/state for starboard forward cargo door which has subsequently moved to the port upper cargo door in GSX v1.8.

This will avoid having to re-install v1.7 just to get this info and then re-install GSX v1.8 again or having to dive into a Hex Editor just to find this small piece of code in the .MDL file.

Many thanks,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

What is wrong with 1.8?? For me it works well.

If it is the main door cargo loader you're worried about, then just re-assign a cargo loader to the forward cargo hold? I ended up customizing all the positions anyway as I thought they were too far from the aircraft, and offset from where they needed to be.

They are working on adding support for 3 loaders, but when we'll see it I don't know.

Best regards,

Robin.

If it is the main door cargo loader you're worried about, then just re-assign a cargo loader to the forward cargo hold? I ended up customizing all the positions anyway as I thought they were too far from the aircraft, and offset from where they needed to be.

So how did you did this? I want to move the rear cargo loader on the starboard side to the forward position. This means, as far as I know, you need the custom XML expression for the forward cargo door which is no longer present in v1.8 hence my question.

So please share how you can/did this?

Thx

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Well first of all... I use V1.8.

To edit the positions is the same in any version AFAIK. Go to the menu, and select CUSTOMIZE AIRCRAFT POSITIONS.

It will display a dialog whereby you can select the door you wish to edit, then click CUSTOMIZE. It will go into SLEW mode, and will enable you to position the loader exactly where you want it.

Best regards,

Robin.

Robin,

FYI - I tried this out as suggested and it doesn't work unfortunately with the default MD-11F settings and GSX v1.8.

When you move just the position of Door #1 (Center) from the rear to the forward cargo door on the starboard side you have cargo containers moving through the fuselage wall!!

... because GSX is expecting the Center door to be opened. If you look in the dialog box for the customization you will see there is a custom door check created for Center (which allows GSX to detect which door is open or closed), which I believe needs to be changed to the Forward door.

This means you need to know the XML expression used for the custom door state for Cargo Forward in this dialog box. You can override this by changing the check to 'no check' but this then doesn't utilize the built -in intelligence GSX provides for the doors.

Therefore I guess I am back to my original question I posed above...

If anyone can shed light on what the Starboard forward cargo door XML expression for the custom check is , that would be very helpful?

The current door XML variable for Cargo Center reads (L.Door_Cargo_Ctr_var, number) 290 >=

What I am looking for is the similar custom expression for the forward door which should be available in v1.7 or prior.

Regards,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hmm.

Do you need to change the loader type? I think you'll find if you do that, it should work. All the XML expression is for, is detetcting if the door is opened/closed. AFAIK it does not affect what appears, where.

Best regards,

Robin.

Hi,

Thx to all that responded trying to help.

The final solution was to go back and reload GSX v1.7, look at the customization settings for the Cargo Forward door, note down the exact XML expression then re-install GSX v1.8 and make the changes using the Customize Aircraft option of GSX.

So for those of you who prefer to have the Cargo Forward (starboard) and Cargo Upper (port) doors in operation, there are no changes required for the Upper Cargo door in GSX v1.8, but you will need to customize the Cargo Center default position and perform the following:-

Rename the door in the first text field e.g. Cargo Forward and then update the XML expression. It should read (L:Door_Cargo_Fore_var, number) 300>=

The door positions in the 3 fields should read 1.82, 11.51, 2.85 and the cargo pallet setting should be set to AKE

Don't forget to save this configuration prior to exiting the aircraft customization dialog.

Happy loading! :wink:

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Sorry, but I don't understans ###### from this. I'm a simmer, not an engineer. I have a MD-11 with a cargo door in the rear, in addition to the normal 2 cargo doors (on the other side of the plane). How do I add a loader? No instructions, and seems extremely difficult.

Fly like an Eagle...

Hi Henka,

GSX can only display 2 cargoloader in total (Software limitations). Same issue for freighters. You have one at the maincargodoor and one at the lowerdeck (for the md11 standart aft door). If you use the latest version, it works out of the Box for the md11. FSDT develop a cargo edition for GSX, release date is unknown.

Greetings Andrew Bowler