Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Just Flight develops addon aircraft for aeroflyFS

I wonder how functional they'll be.     Default AeroFlyFS aircraft have no systems (can't even stop the engine), so I wonder if these will be better and have some basic cockpit functionality.

Yep, will be interesting to see how they work. I do guess however that this is a step in getting ready for aeroflyFS 2.0 which is in development. Maybe there is an Alpha version out there in the hands of some developers for testing.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I wonder how functional they'll be.     Default AeroFlyFS aircraft have no systems (can't even stop the engine), so I wonder if these will be better and have some basic cockpit functionality.

I didn't know that, that is not good

Yeah, I've got AeroflyFS and for pure bombing around looking at the Swiss scenery, it's cool, but the aircraft literally just have flight surfaces, landing gear (where applicable) and flaps.    There are no systems.  You can't start/stop engines. It's a while since I've flown it - I can't remember whether you can even control lights (don't think you can!).   There is also no navigation capability (VORs etc), other than a visual map to look at.

It's really just a VFR raw flying around the scenery tool.    But......... they are developing more features and functions, so exciting to see what comes next. :smile:

While it looks like Prepar3D 2.0 will be amazing, I think that this needs more attention. With aeroflyFS 2, they're looking to bring more cockpit functionality, wider area coverage, navigation features (ILS, VOR etc.), dynamic time of day and full add-on support. It definitely has lots of future.

New planes will be an interesting addition, but I suspect the real bucks will go to those who start adding detailed airports and filling in flatland (cities and towns)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Some add-on planes have been released!

http://www.aeroflyfs.com/shop-direct.html

I must admit I find the price a bit steep considering the very limited system simulation and compared with the price of the same addon planes on their iOS version of the software.

What do you guys think??

Cheers,

Sylvain

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Yup, they should be priced less considering what you're getting when you purchase them. Hopefully they will be released for aeroflyFS 2.0 which should have full cockpit functionality.

Still good that this sim is being progressed though, and that add-on aircraft are turning up for it.  :smile:

Hmmmmmm.........

Still no instruments.........?

Hmmmmmmm.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Perty Planes...... :-)

Devons rig

Yet another beauty :-)

ASG-29

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...