Sign in to follow this  
KiranKLM

Unbinding keys in FSX

i just got Ezdok and i need these keys deleted:  Pageup, Pagedown and  the arrow keys........ thanks guys for any help.          

?? go into controls, select "views" then delete each key and joystick assignment.

?? go into controls, select "views" then delete each key and joystick assignment.

ok thank you and have a great weekend

The easiest way to clear key assignments it to reassign them to a cleared item at the beginning of the list. I always use one of the ADF functions at the start of the list that has nothing assigned to it whatsoever. So assign the key you want to free up to this ADF function, you will then get a warning if its already assigned and it will tell you what its assigned to, if you click on OK it will remove the old assignment and reassign it to the new ADF function you just chose. Now simply delete the assignment from the ADF function and voila you are done.

It takes a lot longer to explain than it does to actually do it, lol.

Cheers, Andy.

The easiest way to clear key assignments it to reassign them to a cleared item at the beginning of the list. I always use one of the ADF functions at the start of the list that has nothing assigned to it whatsoever. So assign the key you want to free up to this ADF function, you will then get a warning if its already assigned and it will tell you what its assigned to, if you click on OK it will remove the old assignment and reassign it to the new ADF function you just chose. Now simply delete the assignment from the ADF function and voila you are done.

It takes a lot longer to explain than it does to actually do it, lol.

That's clever.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Clever indeed hehe! :)

Btw, after you clear them all up, it's a good idea to backup the controls.xml file so you won't have to do it again if you re-install or something.