Sign in to follow this  
red259

Top fsx addon airports

There have been a number of airports released in the last several months, so I was curious of what people considered their favorite specific airports in light of all the new releases and how they standup against their older counterparts. I picked up two fligtbeam airports today KIAD and KSFO (much older). I love both, but I have found KIAD to be one of my favorite airports so far. I have not tried the new kphx and I noticed flytampa came out with an updated version of their st. marteen which I have not had a chance to check out yet.  

read this thread, which is only a few down from this one

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421738-best-fsx-addons/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Depends what area U fly. My fav is LHSim LHBP. Or Aerosoft LGMK LGSK LGIR. If U R more for north America CYUL from Flytampa. But LHBP is my fav for now

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

read this thread, which is only a few down from this one

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421738-best-fsx-addons/

Yes I have seen this thread, but I was interested specifically in the most recent airport releases and how they stack up against the older airports. The other thread is a general addon thread that touches on some airports, but not really addressing the topic per se. 

Depends what area U fly. My fav is LHSim LHBP. Or Aerosoft LGMK LGSK LGIR. If U R more for north America CYUL from Flytampa. But LHBP is my fav for now

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

I have CYUL which is my only flytampa airport. I fly out of it a lot because I do a cyul-kjfk flight, but I wasn't have blown away as I expected to be given the talk of flytampa (maybe I had really high expectations). I'm not sure how cyul matches up to their other airports.  LHBP looks pretty great. I will have to look into it more! 

Some of my favorites are the aflight Helsinki and the orbx Jackson. Both are stunning, and will blow you away. Another one to get is the sun sky jet kphl, which is payware quality for free.

Yes I have seen this thread, but I was interested specifically in the most recent airport releases and how they stack up against the older airports. The other thread is a general addon thread that touches on some airports, but not really addressing the topic per se. 

I have CYUL which is my only flytampa airport. I fly out of it a lot because I do a cyul-kjfk flight, but I wasn't have blown away as I expected to be given the talk of flytampa (maybe I had really high expectations). I'm not sure how cyul matches up to their other airports.  LHBP looks pretty great. I will have to look into it more! 

LHBP is the best Payware this year.  I thought the videos and pics looked awesome but when I flew there myself in FSX, my jaw hit the floor...it's amazing and has the best FPS friendly HD AWESOME TEXTURES I have ever seen.

Some of my favorites are the aflight Helsinki and the orbx Jackson. Both are stunning, and will blow you away. Another one to get is the sun sky jet kphl, which is payware quality for free.

I have the kphl and agree its great. The orbx Jackson looks interesting. I didn't realize I could fly larger jets into there.

I just tried KPHL..it was a slide show.  I'm glad I tried it though as I suspected I would be watching a slide show. I know to save my money and not buy any detailed airport addons.  The freebees from Orbx work just fine.

You guys must run super computers either that or don't mind watching slide shows.

I have the kphl and agree its great. The orbx Jackson looks interesting. I didn't realize I could fly larger jets into there.

You can fly anything up to a 757 into Jackson. The town revives them regularly. You can also fly a 777 in empty. It is a fun airport with lots of atmosphere.

I just tried KPHL..it was a slide show. I'm glad I tried it though as I suspected I would be watching a slide show. I know to save my money and not buy any detailed airport addons. The freebees from Orbx work just fine.

You guys must run super computers either that or don't mind watching slide shows.

That is weird because it ran pretty well on my old intel pentinum build. Maybe try lowering your settings a little, or the ai traffic. Sun sky jet has a forum where you could ask for help. The other great thing about the airport is that it has free AES.

I just tried KPHL..it was a slide show.  I'm glad I tried it though as I suspected I would be watching a slide show. I know to save my money and not buy any detailed airport addons.  The freebees from Orbx work just fine.

your pc specs are great, it should run at over 20-30fps.  You need to tweak your fsx.cfg and use Nvidia Inspector.

your pc specs are great, it should run at over 20-30fps.  You need to tweak your fsx.cfg and use Nvidia Inspector.

It is tweaked and I use ni, I get 30 locked in a lot of busy default areas. I was down to 12 with this and the blurries.It was like it was FSX right out of the box.

Bring on P3Dv2.0 and shoot this dog.

KPHL hasn't given me a problem but I am getting OOM with the 777 and just had it happen at KSFO. The last two times it has happened when I have landed at airports and am taxing to the gate. If it happens its usually at the end of my flight, sometimes right before touchdown which is really obnoxious. I just drastically cut back on the amount of traffic generated by UT2 and am hoping this will make the difference. 

I am very happy to see LHBP covered extensively - it has also been one of my favourite destinations, and the new scenery is a marvel to behold.

I can also confrimed that anything recent by FSDT or Flgihtbeam to be very good, and I enjoy Aerosoft LOWI and Greek islands very much.