Sign in to follow this  
piperarrow41

Iris Global Express Repaint

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Paint Shop - The Aircraft Painter's Forum" to "The Paint Request Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Could maybe the painters post links/download instructions for every paint they made?

I see lots of pictures in the post of different textures but can't find all of them on AVSIM.

Thanks!

At last, an Iris CRJ-200 paint kit and a Delta Connection livery surfaced a few days ago at avsim's library, thanks to A.J. Cook. Search for iris_crj200_delta.zip and iris_crj200_paintkit.zip.

283750iriscrj200delta2.jpg

273903crj.jpg

222873crj2.jpg

Nice job! Thanks again A.J. (and thanks to Iris Simulations too by the way...). Keep them coming!

Can anyone do an american eagle or an Air Wisconsin US Airways express livery in the CURRENT colors, not the navy blue? Thanks

can anyone do the Pad falcon 7x in fictional air austral livery? thanks :)

TJ_zpscc357935.png

Another request! I always feel guilty when I request something but I would love to see the United Express livery on the CRJ-200! Thanks a lot!  :lol:

I choose UTair because it's simple, nice and clean. Almost ready... I hope other repainters are busy playing with the Iris CRJ-200!

580490utair.jpg

Looks great Vonstroheim! I've already uploaded two Iris CRJ200 Repaints to Avsim.  

Air Canada: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=185719

US Airways Express: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=185699

I also have two more that should be on Avsim tomorrow. They are Skywest, and American Eagle. The only problem I am having with this plane is that the textures on the glareshield of the cockpit are UV mapped to the aft right fusalage texture. This means if you paint on the aft right fusalage, it will appear on the glareshield as seen in the picture. 

IrisCRJError_zps3cb0423d.jpg

I've found no way around this issue, so I've just made a readme talking about the issue, and let it be. 

I found a trick to partially hide this missing cockpit texture by darkening the cockpit windows. You need of course to use different (darker) Glass_T.dds and Glass_S.dds file. I found mine in the old Posky CRJ-700: OSCRJ7_COCKPITWINDOW.bmp (from poskyarchive.com).

But you need also to modify the Iris model file (CRJ200_FSX.MDL) with the utility MDLMatXX.exe by Martin Wright (from mwgfx.co.uk/beta.htm) like this:

127376iriscrj200glass.jpg

Not perfect, but acceptable. You can make the windows way darker of course, or even opaque if you want.

725164iriscrj200utair.jpg

Of course since the IRIS 3D model file is copyrighted, we cannot upload it anywhere without asking IRIS permission (G'day M. David Brice, are you reading this?). This is why I've posted here the receipe. This tweak takes only a few minutes.

Anybody tried to repaint the IRIS CRJ-900? Same bug?