Sign in to follow this  
vagelatos

Fatal error after a hour of flight

About a hour into my flight I got a fatal error right after scrolling over the views menu to switch to right window view. I opened up Event Viewer and got this.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          10/15/2013 11:36:44 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      isaacvPC
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.5840.16386, time stamp: 0x45398e5f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001dd8d
Faulting process id: 0x1ad4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cec9c682c4df15
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dll
Report Id: bd17b05c-35c8-11e3-be8a-240a6462e982
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-15T18:36:44.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>10436</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>isaacvPC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data>
    <Data>475e17d3</Data>
    <Data>uiautomationcore.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.0.5840.16386</Data>
    <Data>45398e5f</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0001dd8d</Data>
    <Data>1ad4</Data>
    <Data>01cec9c682c4df15</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dll</Data>
    <Data>bd17b05c-35c8-11e3-be8a-240a6462e982</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

I was flight a Southwest 737-700 addon and I also have REX, GEX, UTX installed to. I already have FSX running as admin and just change compatibility to Win 7 aswell as sharing it for all users( I haven't seen if this would fix it yet). But an important thing is that I did put in a uiautomationcore.dll in the FSX main and that seemed to help with crashing after changing location after starting a flight. I am not sure if this is the same problem or a new one.

I've read where there are incompatibilities with the uiautomationcore.dll in the main fsx folder for Windows 8 users.  That's what caused your crash anyway.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just move it over to a temporary folder and see if that fixes the problem.  The uiautomationcore.dll does not have to be in the main fsx folder unless you are see crashes after repeated attempts to open fsx menu items.  It fixes nothing else.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Would changing the compatibility mode to Windows 7 help at all? I removed uiautomationcore.dll but then I got crashes agian after changing my airport from the menu bar. When I had it in I never got that, it was just this mid flight crash that happened.

Would changing the compatibility mode to Windows 7 help at all? I removed uiautomationcore.dll but then I got crashes agian after changing my airport from the menu bar. When I had it in I never got that, it was just this mid flight crash that happened.

You have major, major problems if that happened.  The uiautomationcore.dll only fixes repeated hits at the FSX menu bar.  It does not fix one or two hits on the menu bar.  Only repeated hits and there has to be at least 20 hits.  I'm thinking you might have the wrong version of the uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx folder.  Maybe you placed the 64 bit version there?  That will definitely destroy your enjoyment of FSX.  You have your settings set too high to run fsx.  Running in any compatibility mode (it should be Windows XP if you do that) will not help.  FSX can only use a maximum of 4 GB's of VAS.  With many of the new addons, VAS is running out very fast, especially if you are on a long flight.

I think you should take your computer to a computer expert and have them look at it for problems.

I'm moving this to the CTD Forum where it should have gone in the first place! 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "WIN8 OS Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.