Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Teles

Oh... gotta clean my lens!

So, captain invited me to see the flightdeck... and I had my camera with me, so I took this pic:

FVAzgZm.jpg

Yeah, gotta clean my lens... :P

PS: Pure FSX screenshot, no edition! 

Wait.. what?! Is this real photo or....? Oh wait, this is the screenshot area, so I guess... naaaaaaaah. :)

Fantastic shot my friend btw!

"PS: Pure FSX screenshot, no edition! "

How? You definitely edited it, added lens effect.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

***Ultra-Realistic***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice!

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Thanks William!

Wait.. what?! Is this real photo or....? Oh wait, this is the screenshot area, so I guess... naaaaaaaah. :)

Fantastic shot my friend btw!

"PS: Pure FSX screenshot, no edition! "

How? You definitely edited it, added lens effect.

Thank you!

It isn't edited.  :ph34r:

2ijrlts.gif

***Ultra-Realistic***

Thank you! 

Ok, now you must tell me what settings you used here, and what lens flare patch? :)

Enb or SweetFX?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Ok, now you must tell me what settings you used here, and what lens flare patch? :)

Enb or SweetFX?

Ok, this will be a bit complicated lol... because I'm using a mix of mods actually -- and custom settings in suneffect.cfg based on this mix of mods. Prepared? 

Well, there's these ENB settings and sky textures that I'm using...

Then there's the beautiful sun mod by Pablo Diaz  -- yeah, the guy that did HDE. Search for "HDE Sun Pablo Diaz", I think it's not hard to find. From this mod I'm using all sun textures except one: sun.bmp. 

My sun.bmp comes from "Nick's Sun Fix for FSX" -- you can find it here, in AVSIM Library.

And finally, there's the dust -- this one is my own work. It works like the lens flare effect, but instead of lens flare you get lens dust... :P

Here it is.

I included my suneffect.cfg too... but please note that it's based on the sun mods I listed above -- so you will need those mods too.

Don't forget to backup your suneffect.cfg before using this one!

Want to use the lens dust with any other sun mod? That's possible, but you will have to manually add the effect by editing your suneffect.cfg. If you really want to do this, tell me and I can explain how.

Just amazing

Impressive!

Thanks, guys!

Thanks for the info mate! I'll try dust effect later today and post back.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, by the way, forgot something:

In order to see any lens flare (or lens dust) effect in the cockpit, you guys have to open "cameras.cfg" (in your FSX root directory) and add this line:

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

...to the [CameraDefinition.xxx] section that refers to the virtual cockpit

It's easy to find.

If you do this and still can't see the lens flare / dust, try to do exactly the same thing to the "cameras.cfg" that is in the same directory as your FSX.cfg (yes, there's a "cameras.cfg" there too). 

Obviously, you have to enable "lens flare" in FSX options too.

Yeah, a bit of work... and for this very reason I have no intention to release this as a "real" mod. :P

Oh, by the way, forgot something:

In order to see any lens flare (or lens dust) effect in the cockpit, you guys have to open "cameras.cfg" (in your FSX root directory) and add this line:

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

...to the [CameraDefinition.xxx] section that refers to the virtual cockpit

It's easy to find.

If you do this and still can't see the lens flare / dust, try to do exactly the same thing to the "cameras.cfg" that is in the same directory as your FSX.cfg (yes, there's a "cameras.cfg" there too). 

Obviously, you have to enable "lens flare" in FSX options too.

Yeah, a bit of work... and for this very reason I have no intention to release this as a "real" mod. :P

Ah ok, that makes sense now.

Anyway I followed all your steps in post #9 and got it working (but just for the outside spot view but that makes sense now). The whole lot looks *really* good I have to say. Combined with your sky textures it gives a very natural set of colours and light. I'll be sticking with it.

My only comment would be that the 'dust' effect comes on and goes away very quickly - a bit like a switch, at least on the spot view anyway. Is this just my setup?

Ah ok, that makes sense now.

Anyway I followed all your steps in post #9 and got it working (but just for the outside spot view but that makes sense now). The whole lot looks *really* good I have to say. Combined with your sky textures it gives a very natural set of colours and light. I'll be sticking with it.

My only comment would be that the 'dust' effect comes on and goes away very quickly - a bit like a switch, at least on the spot view anyway. Is this just my setup?

Hmm... is there any flickering too? I actually don't know how the effect works in spot view because I'm using EZDOK... :-P

Anyway, I guess trying this won't hurt: when you edit your "cameras.cfg", find the cameras in which the "showlensflare" line is "true"; and add the following line to the section:

Clipmode=Minimum

This is a tip I saw in a similar mod. If this doesn't work, you can remove the new line.

Can't remember if there was any flickering but I didn't realise that you could switch lens flare on and off in the VC. I will try that first and then try the Clipmode mod if that doesn't work.

Thanks for the help.