Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Time to shell out for an ATC program? But which one?

I'm seriously considering purchasing a 3rd Party ATC software add-on program to finally rid myself of the laborious default FSX ATC.

nb: No, I won't be considering using VATSIM or any of the online ATC's at this present point in time.

So, I would welcome Pro's & Con's from any of you regarding your experience with the 3rd party ATC add-on you're using.

Taking into consideration, I would prefer the software:

1. handles SIDS/STARS & Jet Routes (Worldwide)

2. handles AI aircraft (UT2)

3. voice or text (or both)

4. follows IFR procedures (as closely as possible)

5. recognizes PMDG aircraft

6. Good tech support

7. Program has been continually updated

Thanks & Regards,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hello,

here is a long thread discussing all available ATC programs with advantatges and disadvantages:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422967-pro-atc-or-radar-contact/

I don't think you'll get better information elsewhere

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I personally use the PRO-ATC-X. It is much better than the default ATC. It handles SID/STAR procedures, handles AI traffic (but is is a bit buggy), it has humanic sounds, I can use with pmdg 737, 777. It has bulit in flight planner too.

It has some bugs, but it will be updated (look after in their support forum).

Soory for my bad english...

Zoltan Junkuncz

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's tough for me to make up my mind between RadarContact and VoxATC:

• RC: End of development, many options, voice control possible with MultiCrewExperience, but no specific SID/STAR assignments (request for 'generic' procedures is possible)
  • Vox: Voice control "out of the box", still being developed, limited options, but assigns specific SIDs and STARs in clearances

VOXATC you talk to ATC as per ICAO and UK (UK as per CAP 413).

It does costs but worth it.

My number 2 would be Radar Contact, older but sill support for it but .. no SID's or STAR's. Lots of add-on voice sets around and works ok.

I'm seriously considering purchasing a 3rd Party ATC software add-on program to finally rid myself of the laborious default FSX ATC.

nb: No, I won't be considering using VATSIM or any of the online ATC's at this present point in time.

So, I would welcome Pro's & Con's from any of you regarding your experience with the 3rd party ATC add-on you're using.

Taking into consideration, I would prefer the software:

1. handles SIDS/STARS & Jet Routes (Worldwide)

2. handles AI aircraft (UT2)

3. voice or text (or both)

4. follows IFR procedures (as closely as possible)

5. recognizes PMDG aircraft

6. Good tech support

7. Program has been continually updated

Thanks & Regards,

Steve

That is asking a lot. One thing I have noticed in the flightsim community is that a lot of products are close but always fall just short of being perfect.

Anyways, there are two out there that do the job and are the best to me. They are radar contact and Pro ATC/x. I have never used voxatc but I heard it is all voice control and uses said/stars. But I won't use it because it creates its own ai traffic. If you have read some if my previous posts, you will know that I have an extensive collection of air traffic from various sources including ut2 and woai and others. They must be a part of my flight experience. That being said, radar contact and pro ATC x are the two heavy weights right now that are fairly realistic and handle ai traffic. Each of the two have their pros and coins of coarse. So I bought both and regularly alternate between the two when one frustrates me.

- radar contact

The most realistic in procedures and handles ai traffic.

It however is lacking sid/ stars so you can get vectored to and from the airport.

There is a menu on screen to control it but that can be cumbersome to navigate during critical flight phases. It also gives and audio report on how you did and if you did poorly in following instructions you get a call from a regulatory body ( FSDO I think). If it could handle said/ stars and fix some few bugs it would be the best ever. Sadly, the author is having real life issue to deal with so it is discontinued for now.

- pro ATC/x

Now this one is still active but the author is rewriting the code currently to make it better. We are told to be patient and that it will be worth the wait. If you see its forum you will understand. It is a great program. It handles sid/ stars ( say hello to navigraph) and approaches to airports. It has ai recognition but it currently is not as robust as radar contact. Before take off it will hold you if some one is approaching or is on the runway, but right now it will not give ai any notice in the air. You will still hear fsx ATC in the background which is fine for chatter ( that's better than hearing fake stuff). It comes with a flight planner which is nice and in has aircraft profiles and saves routes in database for later use. Depending on weather, it gives a heads up on what star to expect and runway at the destination airport. Beware the whole program is practically a beta so there are some bugs that can show up. It has the potential to be the best out there but that remains to be seen when the author finishes his fix. There are video tutorials on youtube . There are many features to check out. It can also interact with the ngx by using a virtual copilot to fly the plane and tune radios. The other pmdg are supported as well as quality wings but not as extensive as the ngx. The popular weather programs as well as NOAA are supported. There is a voice module in the works as well for extra charge.

Both programs cost about the same if I remember correctly. You could be patient and wait to see who develops first before you buy if you want. I will vote for pro ATC because it has potential and it is still in development. You decide.

Cheers!

I have never used voxatc but I heard it is all voice control and uses said/stars. But I won't use it because it creates its own ai traffic.

I use VOX ATC and you can speak to interact with ATC or if flying IFR you can use the virtual first office option and then you don't have to talk. The AI traffic is controlled by VOX so you don't get planes overtaking you on approach etc but it doesn't generate the images of the AI traffic but will use the AI planes that come with a traffic programme.

VOX will assign you SID's and STAR's and because it has voice recognition you can train it to pronounce unusual call signs etc.

There are two types of traffic users in fsx. The random traffic and scheduled traffic. I am of the later so any addon that does not adhere to this is off my radar.

Try VATSIM. It's free, the controllers are human, and you can do EVERYTHING.

Best regards,

Robin.

Try VATSIM. It's free, the controllers are human, and you can do EVERYTHING.

Best regards,

Robin.

If only both SquawkBox and FSS INN wouldn't lock up when I spawn with a PMDG aircraft.   I would love to get with it.   I feel I have done as much as I can with VoxATC.   I am ready for the 'real' deal.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy