Sign in to follow this  
MatthewL

How often do you fly default planes?

As of today my FSX install is vanilla and I only fly payware aircraft in P3D. I use FSX exclusively for missions.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Never, they are useless and stil the most ugly planes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

Not too often.

But I would fly at least one if MS had not in its 'wisdom' decided not to include the Ford Trimotor in FSX. Dinosaurs like me will remember it was a default aircraft in FS2004. 

I don't know how well the pic will render the exquisite aluminium detailing on the fuselage and wings, not to mention the polished aluminium on those radials.

407823638.jpg

Some more of VC and 2d cockpit. Sadly, these pics do not reveal the lovely detailing of the gauges and the FSX quality crispness of the fonts.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL84/1407476/24038894/407823551.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL84/1407476/24038894/407823684.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL84/1407476/24038894/407823688.jpg

All this for the price of the simulation!  I've lots of addon GA and heavy-ish metal but I prefer this little bird to any of them!

John

That was one of my fav planes to fly along with the twin engine race plane. I can't remember the name now. I love old planes which is why I can't wait for the pmdg DC-6. Once that bird comes out my 777 and NGX will be headed to the boneyard lol

Never....but I did fire up the 172 to confirm that the flight model with the A2A version is broken. By that I mean I inverted the aircraft and tried to do an inverted loop, the default can't do it unlike the A2A version which flies like an rc plane when you explore the edge of the flight envelope.

I also used the default 172 to confirm FTX global night lighting has completely ruined my night flying experience in low vis, ie the lights are always visible so now pitch black night approaches are not possible. It was actually fun flying it for a bit, I guess since it's free you enjoy it more than some dodgy payware releases. The vc click spots worked the whole flight too! Unlike my last 2 payware aircraft I bought which are in the hanger all the time due to this frustration. I guess I could bring these topics up on their forums but we all know what happens when you critisice Orbx, my thread on that forum was ignored for ages by them until someone else pipped up with the same complaint, but now we are off topic.

not to mention the wings would come off if you tried that in a real 172 ha

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Like someone said, only when I get a new scenery. I'll hop in the default p-51 and explore a little, or the default uh-60 helo to explore airports in detail

I don't have a default uh-60 in my fsx.

Btw I only use default planes to explore or test new stuff.

HTC Incredible S cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

I never do. I am a pilot over at Southwest Virtual and only fly the PMDG NGX. I do not fly any other plane on my sim except the NGX for Southwest Airlines.

Southwest Airlines grab your bag, it's on!

You could have been talking about me!! LOL! PMDG NGX in Southwest colors with FlyTampa's KMDW for good measure. Just not possible to do any serious flying in a default tubeliner I'm afraid. I do jump into the default Baron if wanting to fly by the needles but haven't in quite a while. Regards

lol never... I deleted all the default stuff completely from my sim. Including their gauges. I have a backup though.

lol never... I deleted all the default stuff completely from my sim. Including their gauges. I have a backup though.

You might want to keep the red trike around in case you get into a situation like I had. My default aircraft picked up some baggage at some point that was preventing two payware aircraft from initializing properly. Nothing I did in terms of saving cold and dark etc. would fix the issue. I had to delete the default completely and let FSX rebuild it with the red trike (which, when you first install Acceleration is the default).

Not sure how i would have resolved this had i not still had the trike handy. Just sayin'... :lol:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Strange, I deleted it long time ago and didn't encounter issues. I also use sim launcher to utilize fsx.. I don't use the whole startup thing, it's way obsolete and hammers the gpu once started.

And you wouldn't need it unless you deleted your default flight files so FSX couldn't find a default at startup.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I created a new default flight and that works just fine through SL. Even if something happened, I can still prepare a new flight and make that the default. SL just handles it. :)

Sorry to say, I never fly default planes too many good payware ones, which in my case is the LDS 767.

Bob

Sorry to say, I never fly default planes too many good payware ones, which in my case is the LDS 767.

Bob

I love the level D 767. I fly the one with winglets.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K