Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Looking for a realistic DC-3!

WOW!.. that looks very damn good!

Any VC shots around ?

EDIT: found them: http://www.youtube.com/user/Twolife?feature=watch

Lets hpe the systems are simulated as well..

The VCs for the C-117 and Basler are clean and functional but probably not up to the level of the rest of the package (or to the best payware that's currently available).  Clean and spare is right for the Basler, maybe not for the others.  IIRC, Manfred has said he'd be open to someone doing a more atmospheric, more graphically advanced one.  Having said all that, the VCs are nowhere near being immersion-killers, they're very decent, and the rest of the package is so good that you find you're not paying attention to things that might be a little blocky in the VC graphics.  Or I'm not, at least.  So, noted in the interests of full disclosure, but I'm really looking forward to the C-47 installment.

As for systems, while the C-117 and Basler aren't Accu-sim level, there's some management required - you have to keep track of engine temps on the C-117 and manage cowl flaps, and the throttles on the Basler will lock if you run them too long at 100 percent, and you have to pull the levers back and wait for the torque to come down, which it'll do after a couple of minutes.  To my knowledge they don't do persistent maintenance, but you do have to be careful with them.

EDIT: just had a look at the C-47 cockpit videos and they're a step or two beyond the Basler and C-117 - really very nice.

The videos also make clear that the soundsets are very good, which helps a lot with immersion.

better still X-Aviation DC3 for X-plane 9/10

Agree - that's a fine piece of work by Goran and the Leading Edge crew.

Been flying the outstanding MAAM DC3 / C47 for many years and like it very much.  It's payware but very reasonable considering the

package.  Has functional Sperry Autopilot that seems very realistic.

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/PACKAGES.htm

Ken

I like this plane.  I saw the original at the airshow in Reading, Pa.  The FSX version is available on this site, and I just bought it.  Waiting for my email so that I can download it.  I had the FS9 version years ago and loved it.  I'm looking very forward to the FSX version.  The VC looks awesome. Thanks for the link.

Stan

Found the most realistic DC3 soundpack out there. Or better to say, most immersive soundpack. his guy creates fantastic soundpacks all around, I also tried his B757 soundpack, which is better that TSS in my opinion.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=180038

I've tried it on default DC3, and suddenly it is immersive to fly. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Short answer - is there isn't one.  The MAAM sim plane is very long in the tooth visually (completely flat panel textures etc) but a real joy to fly.  The Just Flight plane is frankly a joke, even pulling in the default MS planes auto pilot and radio panels.   Robert Randazzo of PMDG owns a DC3 - so who knows, perhaps we will get a plane you actually have to fly with your hands out of that amazing tubeliner shop. 

I can't get sound working in the Manfred DC3.

Best place to go for support is Sim Outhouse - Manfred is active on the FSX forum over there.

I added the Sonic Solutions soundpack to the Manfred DC-3 and it works superbly. Otherwise, you can copy the default DC-3 sound folder into your Manfred folder and see if that solves the issue. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

There's a separate sound pack on sim outhouse by Ted Wolfgang which is nothing short of incredible....

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Note that Manfred's latest and greatest is a modern rendition of the DC3 cockpit.

Useless if you are doing it the old fashion way, e.g. backdating.

Word on SOH is he's considering doing a suitably vintage vc for it... Fingers crossed he does, as great as it looks, the modified basler vc (which is what it's got) spoils the dakota experience for me...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk