Sign in to follow this  
paul_777

RAAS won't disable Bug

Just bought the PMDG 777 and installed it tonight, but....

RAAS cannot be disabled.

I selected it from the FSX Add-Ins menu, set Master Volume to zero and set the Master Switch OFF.  This state is maintained for about 30 seconds...then it resets back to On at normal volume.

So I get this really annoying repeated message "On Runway 27 Right" which is driving me nuts, when I'm just trying to look around the cockpit.

Also if I disable "On Runway" it has no effect....I still hear that annoying woman!

I searched through the Introduction PDF and there are no instructions about RAAS, also nothing in the FMC to disable it.

regards

Paul

Intrigued that disabling the option for runway alert didn't work. Are you sure you are saving the profile? I have the full version and everything works as expected, so it could be a bug with the locked version, preventing any modifications (but I find it strange as I understood it to be fully functional, but only with the 777).

If you find the frequency of alerts too great, you can alter the time interval. I use 120 seconds for the runway alert, but I noticed that the flap alert seems to be indepedent of this setting, so every 60 seconds you will hear "FLAP! FLAP!" if not configured for takeoff.

Best regards,

Robin.

So I get this really annoying repeated message "On Runway 27 Right" which is driving me nuts, when I'm just trying to look around the cockpit.

You know if you just want to look around you can start somewhere other than on the runway, like at a gate or ramp spot? Or you can always slew off the runway. 

Steve Caffey

The RAAS.dll (didnt know exactly the name now) is one of the .dll´s that i didnt verified, so ervery Time i start my FSX i get the question to run this Software. So i can decide to use when i fly GA Aircrafts. So, go to your FSX.cfg and search the entry for the RAAS.dll and delte the line. Now you get asked to run it or not. For the first window say yes and on the second say no.

Thank you everyone for replying so quickly - what a great forum this is!

Bryan - thanks for the tip, I'll try it later (FSX is crashing repeatedly at the moment  :()

Robin - yes I tried all the combinations of profile saving I could think of (I'm a software developer by day and had similar suspicions about the profiles). I can check the settings every 5 seconds and the RAAS dialog settings shows it is off. But after about 30 seconds the RAAS dialog is magically on - so something in the software is definitely enabling it behinds the scenes. Searching around many people have problems with RAAS audio not working so perhaps the PMDG developers give it a kick start every ~30 seconds to reset and clear audio problems (just a theory).

I did also wonder if the "free" version perhaps has very limited options - e.g. you can only turn it on/off in the FMC. However changing the intervals to 300 seconds did work. 'Curiouser and curiouser!' cried Alice.

Steven - yes its bad form to read the Crew Operations Manual at the end of a runway - would probably lose a stripe or two.  :lol: 

Wiliam - that's an interesting workaround. I think I will plod on with finding the "correct" solution; PMDG will want to resolve it.

cheers

Paul

So i can decide to use when i fly GA Aircrafts

Wouldn't it be  just a simple  as steve  has  suggested,  doing it your  way you keep getting the annoying  pop up all the time  when loading  fsx, 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Given that it is locked to the 777, whether it loads or not doesn't matter - it should be muted.

Best regards,

Robin.

anyone knows how to edit the info for RAAS? Needs some updating

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

After testing I concluded that the MASTER control for RAAS is within the FMC - basically on or off. (PMDG Setup-Aircraft-Equipment-Page5-RAAS Installed)

The FSX menu Add-Ons | RAAS Professional dialog only allows some settings to be changed, which leads to confusion for a novice (me). Although it has an on/off setting that is soon overridden by the FMC on/off setting after about 30 seconds.

The volume can be max or min but its also reset to a reasonable 40% level.

The Extended Hold times have a permanent effect; as for the remaining I haven't taken her for a flight yet.

Obviously its great to have the "entry level" RAAS bundled with the 777.

-Paul