Sign in to follow this  
paul_777

777LR saved as Default Flight - FSX crashes every time

Installed FSX SP2 just before installing PMDG 777 (1.00.5376) yesterday on an Intel Core Quad, 64-bit Win 7, 6MB, nVidia 1GB. So its a relatively clean FSX.

Switching from default 737 to PMDG 777 it started ok - counting down from 18 etc..

Saved the PMDG 777 in the default flight - it fails to initialise from Fly Now, cockpit stays cold and dark, when mouse hovers over an instrument window FSX crashes every time.

Also after restarting FSX switching to another plane crashes FSX every time.

Has anyone saved the 777 in the default flight?  I'm a software developer by day and I suspect the PMDG_Interface.dll is not getting loaded/initialised correctly because of the alternate start up method caused by the Default Flight.

regards

Paul

Do you read the manuals? Read page 29 of the introduction pdf.

Avantime,

Many thanks - yes i did read the Intro but missed that part. I had not realized that we have to tip-toe around the FSX bugs.

For the benefit of everyone else do NOT save the 777 in your Default Flight because there is bug in FSX that the PMDG developers cannot fix.

cheers

Paul

The startup flight is seriously bugged in its own right. Either disable the "Fly Now" screen or change the start up flight to something else. I use the Cessna, and select the 777 from the Fly Now screen after FSX loads.

Instead of telling you to RTFM, I'll explain the problem. There is a bug in FSX whereby loading the SAME ENGINE VARIENT causes memory corruption within FSX. It may result in a crash, systems freeze, or if it appears to be working normally, instability later on leading to a crash.

If you launch the saved flight directly from the FSX saved flight folder in My Documents by clicking on the *.FSSAVE file, FSX will load the aircraft directly.

Best regards,

Robin.

Robin,

Thanks for the tip about starting from a .fssave file. FSX problems fully understood.

cheers

Paul

PMDG states, I believe in the intro manual, that you should not make the 777 a default aircraft.

Except if I had said RTFM, as is typical with me, I would have provided at least a simple explanation.

There's nothing wrong with pointing to the manual.  It's already been written and the original source is there.  You cannot beat the original source.  Ever.

Kyle Rodgers