Sign in to follow this  
BK

777X "Landing"? itself (or how would you call that)...

I knew it was on the ground at 8000 feet.  But the EICAS is showing a TAT of 25o C, which, as Benny said, is highly improbable.  So if the temperature is off at ground level, it might have been off at altitude, causing a problem with the aircraft's ability to remain in flight. 

However I just noticed something else: the PFD shows that the autopilot is set to 33000 ft, but it also indicates "ATT" mode.  I am not at my FS computer now, but I think this means the ADIRU might have failed.  At any rate, "ATT" mode may mean that the aircraft is not following the altitude set in the autopilot.

Mike

It's safe to say you can pretty much ignore everything in that screenshot considering the aircraft has crashed into a mountain with crash detection turned off!

Rob Prest

Are you using the PMDG version of time compression or are you using the FSX menu's version?  Obviously if you go full out time compressing with FSX your plane is going to be all over the place, whist disconnecting the L and V NAV, would it not?

Are you using the PMDG version of time compression or are you using the FSX menu's version?  Obviously if you go full out time compressing with FSX your plane is going to be all over the place, whist disconnecting the L and V NAV, would it not?

Maybe the machine cannot deal with it, not fast enough, while as you said, loosing LNAV and VNAV.

I did a re-install of the T7 and repeated same route. Again, it happens. It's not the T7 by itself. I tend to believe it's weather related as suggested by Mike above. Once it happens I reloaded the flight from a point 20 minutes back (Autosaved by FSUIPC), reduced time acceleration to x2, added temperature smoothness in OPUS and this time FSX managed to keep the A/C "in the air". I am gonna be headed to the opus FORUM...

Benny

I was having this problem, it is a result of auto time compression not kicking back to 1x when it should due to turns or weather shifts from opus. I'm not exactly sure what causes the corruption but you need to make sure that it is setting the sim back to normal rate.. Monitor it for at least a few waypoints to make sure it's working as intended. You could also try checking "maximum stabilization" in Opus to help reduce aggressive weather shifting.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Well, after a while can report back.

I was using OPUS weather when this happened. When running with no sim acceleration, all was fine. Long flights - long time. So I stopped using acceleration mode until yesterday when I first used Hi-Fi  just released ASN. This crazy behavior did not occur with ASN and I completed a full flight WITH sim acceleration mod set in the PMDG 777x.

Thank you all.

Benny